Complaint Review: FCNB Processing Center

• Submitted: Tue, December 23, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 12, 2004

• Reported By:Jacksonville North Carolina
FCNB Processing Center
P.o. Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

FCNB Processing Center. Card Processing Center, CMS Unjustifiable fees for account closed by Speigel for financial restructuring Old Bethpage New York

*Consumer Comment: Unbelievable!!! This is noting but a scam!!

My account with Speigel was closed about a year ago for so call restructuring of the company because of financial problems. My account was in good standing with Speigel at the time. Payment was going down as it should.

When they closed the account they transfered the account to a company called CMS, which I have never found out who they are, where they are located etc. I continue to make payments to FCNB Processing Center. The payments don't ever come down! They charge all kinds of outrageous fees for an account that they themselves closed.

I have reguested that a change of due date be accepted due to my being on disability, but it never has been changed nor do I get a reply from them. I recently emailed them regarding this account and reguested that they cut out these outrageous fees due to the account no longer being an active account, or at least change the due date.

I have not heard from them except to say that FCNB Processing was being handled by CMS. My payments go to FCNB Processing Center located in New York. If handled by CMS how come I never hear from them, or know of their where abouts?

The old Speigel charge company, FCNB Processing Center, in my opinion, are taking advantage of people who was in good standing with Speigel, Newport News, etc, and never gave them the opportunity to switch to the new credit cards that the company came out with shortly there after, and continue to charge these fees regardless of whether you make your payment on time or not. The account balance NEVER goes down!

And why if CMS is now the one servicing the FCNB accts,(Speigel and Newport News) why are we still making payments to FCNB? Why do we not no where CMS is located, their phone number etc? What do they have to hid?

I am just tired of paying money to someone I can't find out where they are and why my account was closed,and why I can't ever find an answer to my inquires regarding changing the due date and why my account balance never goes down.

Beware of any company saying some aspect of their company is going out of business, being restructured etc. The consumer loses end the end.

Linda
Jacksonville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2003 02:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-Processing-Center/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/FCNB-Processing-Center-Card-Processing-Center-CMS-Unjustifiable-fees-for-account-closed-75668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB Processing Center

Unbelievable!!! This is noting but a scam!!

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

I haved reached the last straw with the "Card Processing Center" and believe them to be a bunch of crooks. First off if they were not doing illegal or at least unethical things they would have a phone number on their statement where you could reach some to talk to. How can you get anything settled by letters? I can only assume that they figure people don't have the time to right back and forth 5 or 6 times to get a dispute settled and they are right. So they have the freedom to do just about anything they want too!

Last month was a very busy one for me and I let my due date get too close to pay on line through my bank as I ususally do so I called them (I can't remember how I got the number for a real person but I did) and asked if they could forgive the late fee since the payment would only be 2 days late. Of course they could not possibly do that unless I write to them which of course I didn't. Anyway I made the payment and paid two months worth so the payment due on March 27 would be taken care of also. Well guess what: Today I get March's statement with no payment shown and A late fee of $35. I never looked at last month's statement because I new I was late and owed 2 months. I can only assume my payment was made t a day before the closing date for February so they counted that payment (2 payments to be exact) as February's payment along with a late charge of $35, so none of it conted toward March's payment. In other words I made 2 months of payments and got charged for 2 month's late charges because I made March's payment too early!

This is noting but a scam!! I hope something is done about these people and their disgusting business practices. I intend to contact my Attorney General and see what I can do!