Complaint Review: FCNB - SPIEGEL - NEWPORT NEWS

• Submitted: Fri, February 06, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2004

• Reported By:Oxnard California
FCNB - SPIEGEL - NEWPORT NEWS
www.fcnbank.com Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

FCNB - SPIEGEL - NEWPORT NEWS ripoff ILLEGAL LATE FEES NO CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE FRAUD Old Bethpage New York

*Consumer Comment: I had to deal with late fees too

As has happened to so many others, we started getting late fees on our FCNB/Spiegal account. I began to send the payments earlier and earlier, but still got late fees.

There is no customer service number and no response if you write to them. The customer service number results in an automated voice asking if you want to make a payment.

Then, they reported us twice to a Credit Reporting Bureau. At that point, I had my bank investigate to see when they had actually deposited my payments.

FCNB had actually DEPOSITED MY MONEY one week before the due date - but not posted it until after the due date. And charged me late fees.

As I researched this on the web, I found this was happening to many others, some for far longer than to me.

DO NOT BUY FROM SPIEGAL, do not use that charge account.

Melisande
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2004 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-SPIEGEL-NEWPORT-NEWS/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/FCNB-SPIEGEL-NEWPORT-NEWS-ripoff-ILLEGAL-LATE-FEES-NO-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-PHONE-FRAUD-O-79514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB - SPIEGEL - NEWPORT NEWS

I had to deal with late fees too

AUTHOR: LW - (U.S.A.)

I used to pay my Spiegel account in the Eddie Bauer store in the mall. Imagine my surprise one day when I go in to pay on the account and they inform me they are no longer taking payments!Seems like this was something I should have been notified about in advance.I had to mail the payment in,and since the due date was only one day away,it was late.

But the clerk in the Eddie Bauer store was very helpful and told me to just call and explain the situation,which I did,and the late fee was removed.