Complaint Review: FCNB & SPIEGEL

• Submitted: Mon, November 03, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, November 03, 2003

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
FCNB & SPIEGEL
P.O. Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

FCNB & SPIEGEL Ripoff by FCNB (and also Spiegel) Credit Card for YEARS WORST CARD EVER Old Bethpage New York

I came upon this site by accident tonight. HOW GREAT! It has given me SOME comfort to know that my AWFUL, AWFUL experiences with FCNB - and to a lesser degree Spiegel - over the last several years have been shared by so many others!

Truly, FCNB has been "the bane of my existence" with credit - BAR NONE (not even close) for years. NOW I AM WORRIED. I AM PAYING MY LAST PAYMENT TO BOTH FCNB AND SPIEGEL THIS WEEK, AND I'VE JUST READ THAT I MAY BE IN FOR TROUBLE. I AM COMPLETELY UNNERVED!. I'll report back here if I have ANY trouble closing out these accounts!
Misleading,looking for fees ANYWHERE they could, etc., etc., doesn't even BEGIN to describe the time and aggravation they caused.

Trying to make sure the SNAIL MAIL payment got to the other side of the USA on time was a major production. AND THEY WERE THE ABSOLUTELY ONLY CREDIT CARD I COULD NOT PAY EITHER ONLINE OR AT A PHYSICAL LOCATION (STORE)!!! In fact, I am sure this is one of the chief reasons that they went bankrupt. they refused to move into the 21st Century, and make it EASY for customers TO PAY THEM online -and ontime!!! THEY LIED AND PROMISED OVER AND OVER THAT WEB-PAYMENT WAS COMING!

ALSO, when I called them to pay over the phone (even though it cost more, it was not half as bad as the LATE FEES they always tried to get), I waited from 20-45 MINUTES, MANY TIMES! And I DID wait. once to see just how long it would actually take; I still cannot believe it. Got DISCONNECTED once 4 times before getting through finally!!!

It appears that the authorities in Oregon are watching their demise, and that we all should be getting REBATES OF OUR 2003 FEES at the very least. I guess we'll all stay tuned.

Never ran into anything in business this evil in nearly 40 years of my adult life. God help those who participated in this TERRIBLE company!

Ann
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2003 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB-SPIEGEL/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/FCNB-SPIEGEL-Ripoff-by-FCNB-and-also-Spiegel-Credit-Card-for-YEARS-WORST-CARD-EVER-Old-70918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB & SPIEGEL