Complaint Review: FCNB

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
FCNB
Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

FCNB/Spiegel ripoff Beaverton Oregon

I have been having problems with FCNB, since I opened my account. My payment is due on the 15th of every month. I have been sending my payments out on the 10th and 11th of each month and always get a statement for the next month saying I have a late charge and overpayment. Last year from Jan thru March, I arrange for payments to be taken out of my checking account of $78.00 to get my balance back in order. By May, I was still overlimit and late charges. I closed my account.

As of this day, I sent in a payment on June 11, 2003, and have been charged a late fee of $35.00 because they claim the payment did not come in until after the June 15, 2000. Per my bank account, the check came in on June 19,2003. My limit was $1000.00, since closing the account last year (2002) and making payments to include the financial charges, I owe FCNB 774.00 as of this date. I spoke with several representatives and asked for a manager or president of the company, and was told, by customer service they did not know who the president of the company was.

I just went online to check my account balance and found that they are now merging with some BBBT bank which may be away of avoiding any lawsuits against them.

Astra
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2003 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB/Beaverton-Oregon/FCNBSpiegel-ripoff-Beaverton-Oregon-62273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB