Complaint Review: FCNB

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 18, 2003

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
FCNB
P.O. Box 9204, Old Bethage, NY 11804 Hicksville, New York U.S.A.

FCNB - Spiegel - Eddie Bauer - Newport News ripoff -keep charging me late fees if balance isn't paid in full rip off scam con artists New YorkHicksville New York

*Consumer Comment: Reply to the Rebuttle above ..

*Consumer Comment: call your credit card company

I have had trouble with FCNB getting my payments from day one. Finally, over 3 years ago, I closed my account, teh balance was around $240.00, today, it is over $700, and just last month I paid them $75.00. They are charging me a late fee of $35.00 per month every time I don't pay the full balance due. There is no way to talk to a live person, only written response which they do not respond to. My husband and I are trying to sell our condo and buy a house, but this stupid thing keeps coming up on my credit report. I have paid between $25.00 and up to $100.00 per month, and somehow I owe 3x the amount I owed 3 years ago. Can someone help me, please!

Lori
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2003 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB/Hicksville-New-York-11802/FCNB-Spiegel-Eddie-Bauer-Newport-News-ripoff-keep-charging-me-late-fees-if-balance-63932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB

Reply to the Rebuttle above ..

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

My account is a revolving account. The minimum due being the whole amount due did not start until about 4 months after I closed my account. Also, the minimum payment should be (according to my interest rate and account rules), around $35 per month, I have beeing paying anywhere from $50 to $100. As far as calling them, they do not have a phone number where you can talk to a live person unless you are trying to do a check over the phone. All coorespondence must be written and I hae done this, but they do not respond.

call your credit card company

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

ok if what your saying is true then their may be many explanations such as the type of account you opened. If you opened an account that requires you pay your balance in full every month then yes you will receive late fee's and finance charges for not making your minimum amount due on time(the whole balance if it is not a revolving account) Secondly, if it is a revolving account and you are making more then one payment a month it may be that you are not making your minumum payment due by the due date. The best thing to do would be to call and see if they can explain it to you. You may also want to write to them and request they work with you so that you can make your minumum payments,etc, etc,.