Complaint Review: FCNB

• Reported By:Colonial Beach Virginia
FCNB
Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

FCNB ripoff Destroying my credit, and ability to buy a home Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Hank, this is too easy.

I recently got my credit report, and realized my score was down about 100 points. My wife was beside herself as to why, everything is paid on time.

After going over the report, we found FCNB, an account closed over 2 years ago. Suddenly reports late payments. There is a "0" balance. Trans union, (a joke) will do nothing, even though this is obiviously, B.S. I am beside myself in trying to resolve this.

I owe these people nothing, and yet, they are allowed to ruin lives. How do I get these people off of my Credit report, or at least cease the false derogatory reporting. I will never be able to purchase a new home as long as this is allowed to continue.

Hank
Colonial Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2005 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB/Norcross-Georgia/FCNB-ripoff-Destroying-my-credit-and-ability-to-buy-a-home-Norcross-Georgia-169357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Hank, this is too easy.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

You need to write a letter to each of the three major credit bureaus and to the bank.

Dispute any late payments and request an account history printout.

Send these letters by certified mail/return reciept requested. Put one of the thin tracking# labels on the letter itself and make a copy. This proves WHAT you sent.

Then go to www.FTC.gov and file an online complaint on the credit bureau and the bank.

Also file a complaint with state and federal banking authorities.

Good luck!