Complaint Review: FCNB

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2003

• Reported By:Delray Beach Florida
P.O. BOX 9204 OLD BETHPAGE, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

FCNB - Newport News Stalking verbally abusive ripoff OLD BETHPAGE New York

*Consumer Suggestion: This is harrasment and you don't have to take it. It is against the law.

I also have abnormal experiences with these people. As most everyone, I received a notice that my account was closed. Months later, I received a bill that was astronomical. I began to receive telephone calls that registered on the caller id some city in New York, but when I would answer the phone the person would hang up.

These calls became very frequent and then annoying. Next, they called up to 15 times a day and the stalking began. They identified themselves and proceeded to badger me about this account. Many times I tried to explain to them what had happened because I thought I was dealing with a real business, but to no avail.

They have started calling me at work several times a day, calling me at home until late evening hours. I really do believe that this is against the law. I too have made payments to them over the phone, but I now think that they should have to pay all of us for the inhumane treatment. Definitely, grounds for a class action suit. I soon will be contacting an attorney.

Delray Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2003 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB/OLD-BETHPAGE-New-York-11804/FCNB-Newport-News-Stalking-verbally-abusive-ripoff-OLD-BETHPAGE-New-York-72649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This is harrasment and you don't have to take it. It is against the law.

AUTHOR: Ruth - (U.S.A.)

What this company is doing to you is illegal and against the law. I would suggest calling your attorney general, or reporting them to the Fair Trade Commission.

I have used the attorney general, and have had positive results trying this. I had one company that kept harrassing me at work and went as far as talk to my supervisor and told her that unless I resolved this with them I could have my wages garnished. (I could have been fired because of them).

They would even harass me at home when my mother was on her death bed, dying of cancer and I was trying to take care of her. I told them this, they could even hear her crying in the background for me, yet they continued to harass.

I contacted the attorney general. Not only did they stop bothering me, they stopped sending me bills, and the negative remarks were even removed from my credit report.

Give the attorney general a try. You won't be sorry.