• Report: #82093

• Submitted: Fri, February 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2004

• Reported By:needville Texas
FCNB
Po Box 4080 Portland, Oregon U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-9254976
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

FCNB Aka First Consumers National Bank, Spiegel ripoff! Ridiculous late and overlimit fees. Portland Oregon

Wow. I wish I had found this site a few months ago when I was trying to explain this mess to my poor husband, who never wanted this Spiegel card in the first place. I had the card for a few months and carried a $300 balance, paid the min. payment amt on time. How do I know it was on time? I mail checks, post dated to the due date, the VERY day I receive bills.

Of course, like others I have read here, I was given $35 late fee in July and Aug 2002. I disputed both by mail and phone and was never responded to. I received a letter that my account would "change" due to the account being bought by another company. I never heard from either company.

I went to the Spiegel website, which seemed to be normal, but all I could do there was access my "shopping cart" (which will remain empty...). I called the number on the back of the card (First Consumers National Bank) and it was not a working number. I went to www.fcnb.com (On the back of the Spiegel card) and it is not a valid website. I went back to the Spiegel site and emailed customer service, but never heard from them. I sent a letter of inquiry to the po box on the card (which is for "found" cards to be mailed).

Finally, in November, I received a bill with late charges for not only July, Aug, but for the months I was trying to find my account! And this brought my balance beyond the credit limit. And each month since, I have accrued $35 for late and overlimit fees, even though I send in the appropriate $35 min. payment my bill has ALWAYS shown. Now my bill says that my $300 steam carpet cleaner is costing $900 and a min. payment of $535 is due, and, of course, late.

So... what are we supposed to do? Trying to buy a house. oh, and who owns it now? Card Processing Center. I received harassing (5 times a day from the same woman. I told her to stop calling and she told me "pay the bill and I will." I hung up on her and she called back and hung up on me THREE times that day. I have caller ID and the number belongs to Card Processing Center. BBB can't help us... this is a shark, this Center. is that a name of a company, or the hotel room they work out of?

Carrie
needville, Texas

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2004 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FCNB/Portland-Oregon-97208/FCNB-Aka-First-Consumers-National-Bank-Spiegel-ripoff-Ridiculous-late-and-overlimit-fees-82093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FCNB