Complaint Review: FEDEX

• Submitted: Tue, April 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2008

• Reported By:Buena Vista Colorado
FEDEX
www.fedex.com Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

FEDEX FedEx Lied about delivery of item to Spain Memphis Tennessee

I sell items on ebay for a living. I sold an amplifier a month ago to an individual in Sevilla Spain. I shipped it via USPS Global Express Guaranteed. The amount of the shipping was $451.00 (Unbelievable price to begin with)! I received a call the next day from FEDEX in Memphis, stating that if I did not contact them with the recipients phone number or email address, the package would be destroyed! I call them immediately and gave them his email address. A week later, my buyer contacted me to see about the status of the shipment. I called FEDEX, and was told that they could not contact the person in Spain, so the package was sent to a wharehouse in France, where it would be destroyed if I did not pay $850 to have it shipped back to me, or another $250 to have it forwarded to Spain. I wanted to confirm the email address to find out why they could not contact him, and they had one letter wrong in his email address. They said they had corrected it. I finally went to the postmaster here where I live, and he called FEDEX. He asked a supervisor if there was a delivery attempt, and she could not find one in the record. She also said they would forward it to Spain at no additional charge. I called yesterday, and they said they attempted delivery, and the address was wrong. I then called the person in Spain myself, and told him to contact them immediately to see what was wrong with the address. He called them and they said they had been there that morning...but did not leave a notice. They would deliver it on Wednesday. He emailed me this morning, and found that they use another company called Chrono Expres, and when he got them to pull up the record, none of the information was right! We are hoping that he will get this tomorrow! I am very angry about the lies that they have been telling me! This has caused me over a month of my time, and because there was a complaint filed against me through paypal, it has cost me alot of money! Paypal froze my account, so basically they are accusing me of taking this guys money and not giving him the item! What a mess! I will do something about this!

Ebbonds
Buena Vista, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2008 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FEDEX/Memphis-Tennessee/FEDEX-FedEx-Lied-about-delivery-of-item-to-Spain-Memphis-Tennessee-326251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FEDEX