Complaint Review: FEDEX

• Submitted: Mon, October 17, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: Arturo — hialeah Florida United States of America
FedEx cargo claims dept P.O. Box 256 Pitts Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States of America

FEDEX Fedex does not pay fair value when it loses a shipment Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: No Dobut

*Author of original report: fedex and my cell

*Consumer Comment: I think I've figured out what you're trying to say...

the fedex company, recently lost my shipping and do not agree to pay the value of lost goods. they say the value was not declaredand pay only the minimum deductible. my opinion is a lousy job of the company which is not good to train your employee which does not explain who was to testify in the value of the invoicesent. for me it is always essential to a dignified fedex customer does not care if the client could not read well or fill out documentsat. fedex cares not at all a fair ami claim, because I do not gettheir employees to provide an optimal service and explained according to their work,

in addition to send proof of purchase of the item lost in whose invoice sent by me fedex was reflected the value of the item lost. fedex is responsible not only for the loss of the article, also by the personal injury that may cause such loss to me. It's ridiculous that a company that thought highly respected by some 400 dollars has lost to me and everyone I ask your reputation, I'm pretty sure now that it is very bad and I recommend it to anyone

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FEDEX/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15230/FEDEX-Fedex-does-not-pay-fair-value-when-it-loses-a-shipment-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-789732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FEDEX

No Dobut

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I don't have any doubt that your phone cost $400.  But here is your problem, when you ship it Fed Ex they are only liable for $100 unless you pay for extra insurance.  And yes you did agree to this when you shipped it.  Whether or not the person accepted your package offered your insurance doesn't really matter.

Sorry that this happened, but as was stated before other shippers would have done the same thing.  As for the USPS..they don't give you ANY insurance unless you pay for it.  So if this happened with them you would be getting back $0.

As for turning off your cell, well you lost me there.  FedEx has no control over your phone, if you want it turned off(deactivated?) you need to take that up with your provider.

fedex and my cell

AUTHOR: Arturo - (United States of America)

Mr. I tell the truth never asked me in the office of the value of my fedex shipping, the employee apparently claimed that attribution, it must communicate the value that was only shipping gift is called for in the document, I attach proof of what lost to the real value of that item and fedex refuses to turn off my cell htc evo 4g, htc I sent for guarantees, could they call htc and check my truth.

I also used forever and fedex, but I will use no more after this bad experience, that hurts me

I think I've figured out what you're trying to say...

"the fedex company, recently lost my shipping and do not agree to pay the value of lost goods. they say the value was not declaredand pay only the minimum deductible."
When you don't declare a value it defaults to their stated coverage.  When you do delcare a value, as you SHOULD HAVE DONE, you pay extra for the additional insurance.

"my opinion is a lousy job of the company which is not good to train your employee which does not explain who was to testify in the value of the invoicesent. for me it is always essential to a dignified fedex customer does not care if the client could not read well or fill out documentsat. fedex cares not at all a fair ami claim..."
I would guess you hold FedEx responsible for helping the illiterate shipper to fill out the shipping document, right?  How is that their responsibility?  Take someone along who CAN read and comprehend.

"fedex is responsible not only for the loss of the article, also by the personal injury that may cause such loss to me"
You've got to be kidding right, most such insurance clauses specifically deny payment for "personal injuries or lost income."

I've used FedEx for a long time, had a claim last year for damage to an expensive amplifier, which was properly valued and they treated me right.

YOU need to take responsibility for your actions and not falsely try to shift the blame to others.

Sorry for your loss, you'll know better next time....right?

BTW, most shippers operate almost exactly like FedEx on their insurance, except the post office, and if you REALLY want Ripped Off, use them instead.