Complaint Review: FEDEX

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:Marathon Florida
FEDEX
PO Box250 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

FEDEX Ground DO NOT USE FEDEX TO SHIP ANYTHING ! They are the most worthless Company in the USA .Pitsburgh Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: I totally agree with you!

I shipped a case of wine that I purchased in Philadelphia to my home in Florida. I went to a packing supply store and wrapped each bottle with a double packing material the case had cardboard inserts also. I clearly marked "Glass" on all four sides of the box. I took the box to GO TO Consulting LLC at 4421 Princeton ave , Philadelphia Pa. Who is a FEDEX agent. I paid for FEDEX ground shipping. I returned to Florida and never received my package so I tracked it and it came to somewhere in Florida and was returned back to GO TO Consulting in Philadelphia. I called GO TO and spoke to J Sherman (owner) and he said tie box was damaged and was leaking so he through the entire box in the trash.
I filed a claim with FEDEX and they refused it and said I have to have GO TO and have them file the claim. I sent all the forms and paperwork and GO To filed a claim with FEDEX. After a month or so without hearing from anyone I called GO TO and spoke to J Sherman and he advised me that FEDEX turned down my claim. I paid for FEDEX to ship and handle my box in a reasonable manner and deliver it to me in good condition. In order for FEDEX to destroy all twelve bottles in that securely packed case they would to have tossed it of the roof. I paid $150.00 for the Wine ,$22.00 for shipping and $15.00 for packing material. Plus I spent a lot of time filling out forms and received nothing but a runaround from FEDEX GROUND. I will NEVER use them to ship anything.

-George
Marathon, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FEDEX/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15230/FEDEX-Ground-DO-NOT-USE-FEDEX-TO-SHIP-ANYTHING-They-are-the-most-worthless-Company-in-t-374453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FEDEX

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I totally agree with you!

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

Fed ex kept giving our neighbors our packages, and if you saw who our neighbors were, you would wonder what is going through that drivers head. Apparently nothing!
I think they steal things, probably opened up the box and saw the wine and got drunk, then claimed it was 'damaged'.

And, if you try to complain, HA. Good luck, because if you don't get a rude jerk that hangs up on you for no reason (in other words, not using profanity, they will hang up on you if they feel like it). Or they will refuse to deliver to your house because the driver is a moron and likes to give your packages and unlisted phone number out to people who are thieves.

I now tell companies that use fed ex that I can't do business with them BECAUSE they use fed ex. Any time I use UPS or the post office, I have had no problems. FEDEX is a BIG problem..they are just totally incompetent and do NOT CARE.