Complaint Review: FEEDING AMERICA

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Lee — NEW HAVEN Indiana
FEEDING AMERICA
35 east wacker dr., suite 2000 Chicago, Illinois United States of America

FEEDING AMERICA FISH FEEDING AMERICA IS A FRAUD GIVES TO ILLEGALS AND NOT AMERICAN ELDERLY Chicago, Illinois

I am a 65 year old senior lady who has been receiving $442 per month from social security.  My son was providing me with assistance, but he recently lost his job.
I applied for food stamps but they are giving me a hard time because of my birth certificate.
so I went to the locale food bank 'community harvest' for assistance with groceries.  I was told that as a low income senior that I would get 2 20lb bags of groceries per month.  If I sent my son down their he would be given a large bag of groceries.  So my son traveled almost 30 miles round trip to get FIVE ITEMS OF GROCERIES that included a box of pop tarts, 3 cans of  soup and a bottle of grapefruit juice.  It wasn't even worth the gas as I cannot eat any of  these things.
My son drove around the back of 'community harvest' building and he witnessed two 'hispanic' families whose cars were being loaded up with carts filled with groceries.
DO NOT DONATE TO THIS ORGANIZATION BECAUSE THEY ARE A FRAUD

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 06:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FEEDING-AMERICA/Chicago-Illinois-60601/FEEDING-AMERICA-FISH-FEEDING-AMERICA-IS-A-FRAUD-GIVES-TO-ILLEGALS-AND-NOT-AMERICAN-ELDERLY-1036973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FEEDING AMERICA