Complaint Review: FFOD CITY - PHOENIX, ARIZONA

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Arlene — PHOENIX Arizona
FFOD CITY - PHOENIX, ARIZONA
3131 E INDIAN SCHOOL RD Internet United States of America

FFOD CITY - PHOENIX, ARIZONA I became sick and very ill at Foodcity on 3131 East Indian School Rd I Phoenix, Arizona and was taken to the hospital. Prior to that I had bought and paid for my groceries which were placed in my cart I br Purchased food by consumer placed back on shelves after customer becamme ill. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good Grief

*Consumer Comment: What's the ripoff?

I arrived at Food City by a service for disabled people. I sat on a cart and began to do my shopping filling my cart with items in the weeks adds.  I finished and went through the check out lane. I had bought to the store with me my personal cart and as I was checking out my groceries were placed into my personal cart. I started to get up to stand and felt dizzy passing out for a few seconds and at that I called for help knowing I was going to the hospital I asked if my groceries could go into the  cooler. My groceries had been placed into the cooler and I was taken to the hospital. I was at the hospital four days. I arrived back at the sore to get my groceries and was told that my groceries had been put back on the shelf because they did not think I would come back for them.. I was challenged by the manager as he stated he would give me my money back but  and could repurchase my groceries but would not get the food I purchased on the add and that I was lucky to get my refund because it is not the policy of the store to hold food for a customer under any circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2013 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FFOD-CITY-PHOENIX-ARIZONA/internet/FFOD-CITY-PHOENIX-ARIZONA-I-became-sick-and-very-ill-at-Foodcity-on-3131-East-Indian-S-1036562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FFOD CITY - PHOENIX, ARIZONA

Good Grief

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

You already posted another report before this one cooled off - what do you expect?? The Manager told you that you would get a refund!!! Get over it!

What's the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

The manager was right.   Their coolers are not for your personal use.    How did they know when (or if) you were going to come back?   They did you a favor by taking the stuff back and refunding you.   They could have just left it wherever it was when you were carted away.   At that point, they were your groceries, not the store's.

Next time, I'm sure the manager will think twice about helping out someone in trouble.  If the result is a Ripoff Report, why should he bother.

You should be ashamed of yourself.