Complaint Review: FIA Card Services - Bank Of America

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:St. Augustine Florida
FIA Card Services - Bank Of America
bankofamerica.com Willmington, Delaware U.S.A.

FIA Card Services - Bank Of America seeking punative damages - credit cheaters Willmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Credit Card due dates

*Consumer Comment: HERE IS SOMETHING THAT DOES ADD UP!!

*Consumer Comment: Something Doesn't Add up

*Author of original report: crbfile - better explaination

*Consumer Comment: Due Dates

should I be seeking punitive damages?

FIA Card Services dba Bank of America credit cards enticed me with a 4.9% balance transfer rate until August 2008.

I've had a credit card with BoA for many years. On January 19, 2006 I set up a recurring payment, the payment time is automatically scheduled by them.

After I transferred balances and closed other credit cards, presto, my payment is late. BUT my payment is schedule BY THEM! they scheduled my payment one-day late, then popped me with a $39 late fee and jacked my interest rate to plus 10%.

I called them once, they said they're sorry and refunded my late fee. I said, what about the interest rate? "oh, I'll transfer you to a manager..." which as you expect, she hung up on me.

I called them just today, told them the story....I asked for the intro rate as a punitive measure until the end of 2009. They said no, and re-instated my rate until August 2008.

I think they're wrong, they're bad, and they should be exposed and punished.

Crbfile
St. Augustine, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2008 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services-Bank-Of-America/Willmington-Delaware-19850/FIA-Card-Services-Bank-Of-America-seeking-punative-damages-credit-cheaters-Willmington-309803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services - Bank Of America

Credit Card due dates

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I have run into the same problem with Credit Card companies changing due dates. After receiving late charges because payments were late, I called and talked to one of them about this and was told that the due date varies from month to month. From what I could find out from other Credit Card companies, this is pretty much industry wide. If you don't want to incur late charges, look at your statements and check the due date, I believe you will notice that the date changes from month to month.

HERE IS SOMETHING THAT DOES ADD UP!!

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

Corporate FRAUD & Government FRAUD are OUT OF CONTROL in the USA!! Simply read all the stories everyday!! FIVE FORMER EXECS FOUND GUILTY yesterday at the world's largest insurance company!! Just Google it!!

Millions of honest American's credit card interest rates are going up to 24% to 33% also!! WHY? FRAUD!! That's why! Honest Americans are paying for all the FRAUD!! Use your brains, Americans!

Home prices keep falling, massive layoffs at corporations all over the USA & around the world, foreclosures at an all-time high, incomes not increasing with the cost of living, etc., etc.

Do you think that all of this is going away?? It's only a matter of time! THE COLLAPSE HAS BEEN TRIGGERED!!

And for those of you who BELIEVE in your so-called 'leaders', consider this; there was a man who stood up for the PEOPLE many years ago. Guess what they did to him? They put him on a cross and CRUCIFIED HIM!!!!! And look what happened to Dr. Martin Luther King! They MURDERED HIM!! And look what happened to Bhutto. She was MURDERED!!

WHO'S NEXT???????????????????????

Something Doesn't Add up

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

How can your due date change? First, you say you scheduled your payment date, but then you said Bank of America scheduled it. Which is it?

Mike
Waldorf, MD

crbfile - better explaination

AUTHOR: Crbfile - (U.S.A.)

the point made more clearly:

I set up a recurring payment plan.
The payment is automatically scheduled by Bank of America, from my Bank of American checking account to my Bank of America - FIA Card Services
credit card.

From the time I set up the recurring payment, January 2006, to when I transferred a big balance, December 2007, my payment was never late.

HOWEVER, the month after I transferred a big balance over $10K, suddenly my payment was "late" -- and I got popped with a late
fee and had my interest rate jacked up.

Due Dates

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

How can the bank withdraw money after it is due if you automatically set it up? Are you using bill pay from Bank of America's site? If so, then you are setting up the payment plan. Are you using a program like Quicken or MS Money to schedule payments? You get statements in the mail, generally within one or two days, you know when something is due, so you can schedule a payment a few days out so it gets posted on time.

I would call back about the interest rate, different people will respond differently.

Mike