Complaint Review: FIA Card Services, N.A.

• Submitted: Mon, February 01, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2010

• Reported By: Hector — Internet Puerto Rico
FIA Card Services, N.A.
P.O. Box 15026, , 19850-5026 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

FIA Card Services, N.A. P.O. Box 15026 Abusive Credit Practices Wilmington, Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Try this approach...

I am writing this report to warn all consumers about the FIA credit cards so they do not fall prey to the same abusive business practices of this company.

I had a Platinum card with them for at least three years and did not miss any payments at all. The problem started around the same time that the credit and consumers law was being changed.

Initially they increased my interest rate. About six months ago when I called to negotiate a lower rate, not only did they denied it but sent me a letter several weeks later informing that due to the fact that I had a delinquent payment on my Mortgage they were lowering my balance from 5,000 to 2,000.

I had a letter from the Mortgage bank apologizing for their error and it also indicated that they sent a report to the credit agencies to correct the error so I called to explain. Besides showing total lack of concern, the representative from the credit investigation department just basically indicated that it was their prerogative to make this decision and this was final. I offer to send the letter from the Mortgage company, but that did not matter to him at all.

The next thing I know, is that they now decided to close the account because, in addition to having this delinquency my balance is compromised or near the limit.

I also called them to ask for an explanation, because this was due mainly to their previous action but the representative brushed me off in a similar way than the other representative.

I understand that the company has the prerogative to cancel their accounts, but to say that they have shown complete lack of customer focus is an understatement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services-NA/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5026/FIA-Card-Services-NA-PO-Box-15026-Abusive-Credit-Practices-Wilmington-Delaware-563186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services, N.A.

Try this approach...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

File a complaint against these practices at: