Complaint Review: FIA Card Services, N.A.

• Submitted: Thu, August 18, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By: Craig — Benbrook Texas United States of America
FIA Card Services, N.A.

FIA Card Services, N.A. I received a suspicious letter with an A&M logo thanking me for being a customer for a card I do not have, ending in "9152." There was no sender's name address, or phone number, just a reference to ba Internet

I received a suspicious letter with a Texas A&M logo, thanking me for being a valued customer. There was no sender name or address, or customer service phone number. It referenced a bank card I do not own, including the last 4 digits.

The purpose of the letter (three pages) was to inform me of all the terms and conditions associated with the card. In the fine print, under "balance transfers" it references bankofamerica.com, issued and administered by FIA card services, as an on-line contact to determine eligibility for higher rate balances, etc.

I have read of others who have experienced this same thing and consider it a scam. FIA's contact folks never returned my call. I have contacted Bank of America and indicated I am filing a Rip Off Report. I also intent to notify all credit monitoring services to keep an out out for identity theft/fraud based on this information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2011 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services-NA/internet/FIA-Card-Services-NA-I-received-a-suspicious-letter-with-an-AM-logo-thanking-me-for-b-766683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services, N.A.