Complaint Review: FIA Card Services

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2013

• Reported By: Al — Nashua New Hampshire United States of America
FIA Card Services
PO Box 15019 Willmington, Delaware United States of America

FIA Card Services Find ways to charge you late fees with Autopay - Willmington, Delaware

*Author of original report: Not so simple...

*Consumer Comment: if u think bob from irvine will not rebutt

*Consumer Comment: The answer is simple..

I had an emergency expense and decided to charge my Fia Card to cover it. As I was not used to track it much and I decided for a paperless statement, I ended up missing a couple of due dates.

As I'm willing to pay for my debt, but not late fees, I setup my account to go on Auto-Pay mode, then I could relax and have it my balance paid, without being worried about late fees.

Surprisingly enough, I went on line to check how much do I still have to pay to zero this balance and I found out, that since I setup the Auto-pay, every month I've being charge for a late fee. And this is happening, according to Customer (dis)Service, because I setup my Auto-pay 1 day after I paid my bill.

In another words, my bill due date was 08/24/2012 (which I paid online on the right date), on very next day, I went online again, and setup my auto-pay to "start paying this bill automatically on this date: 8/25/2012".

No other confirmation was asked, but according to the supervisor in customer service, this was my fault, because I setup the auto-pay a day after of my due date.

Being a website programmer for quite awhile, I asked, who would setup an auto-pay that would go on exactly 1 day after the due date?

Scam, scam, scam!!! Unfortunately, they saying that unless I prove bank error, I cannot waive my late charges of 1 day late, every month, for 7 months. (They were "kind" enough to waive the last 2).

I'm breaking the card as soon as I finish the balance and I recommend you to do the same. Go to a different brand than Fia Card Services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 05:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services/Willmington-Delaware-19886/FIA-Card-Services-Find-ways-to-charge-you-late-fees-with-Autopay-Willmington-Delaware-1027347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services

Not so simple...

AUTHOR: Al - (United States of America)

I agree that I slept inside of the lion's cage, not checking my CC statement for 7 months, but for sure I was not playing the "grace period" game.

You can go to every website (Credit Cards, Loans, Phones, etc.), that has an auto-pay option, they usually don't ask you for a due date, because this is part of package. And when they ask, there's a rule that doesn't allow you to schedule it after the due date (this is part of the logistic development, when they have one).

The simple answer that I see is: scam! That's a simple answer.

if u think bob from irvine will not rebutt

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

u will b in 4 a surprise, bob from irvine must and shall rebutt to his heart's contend. no one can stop this idiot.

The answer is simple..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Who would do this?  YOU not only would, you did do this.  I hate to break it to you, but being a Web Site programmer means NOTHING in terms of how to manage credit cards or finances.  And yes there are people who would put make the payment 1 day after the due date because they think that there is a "grace period" and they won't be charged a late fee..after all they think it is just one day.  Unfortunately, they like you find out that there is absolutely no grace period with credit card payments.  Of course other people don't let it go 7 months without checking their credit card statement.

At some point you have to take responsibility for your actions.   If you think any other credit card would have treated you differently..you will be in for a big surprise.