Complaint Review: FIA Card Services

• Submitted: Mon, March 31, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 02, 2008

• Reported By:The Colony Texas
FIA Card Services
P.O.Box 15028 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

FIA Card Services - IBSnetaccess - Texans Credit Union In & out mail ALWAYS >7days delay. This creates <5 day opportunity to pay w/o penalty Wilmington Delaware

*Author of original report: UPDATE

All mail is recieved >7 days after sent. For instance, If their statement mail date is the 24th, I'm lucky if I get it before the 1st of the next monty. Conversly, If I mail a payment on the first, I'm lucky if they post it before the 8th. This vendor gives 20 days from when they mail statement to when they assess a penalty. This leaves a 6 day windows for me to check my mail, cut a check and mail it back out.

The vendor is willing to move the due date around but will not change the 20 day window. This frequently leaves me in position of not having the bill in my hands until it is past the time neccessary to mail it out with the needed safety window to cover their slow mail room.

-or-

I mail the check on the first (when I get the bill) but it shows up as a late payment on the next statement.

You just can't win with these scan artists.

Their customer service continues to explain that it's the mailman that is sitting on the mail for 14 days each month. (7in + 7 out) I think that is just BS. All my other bills get credited within a few days. They are using slow mail as an excuse to charge late fees.

I've had enough. I don't plan to use this account anymore. Their loss.

I hope their late-fee-generating scam gets busted.

Jim
The Colony, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5028/FIA-Card-Services-IBSnetaccess-Texans-Credit-Union-In-out-mail-ALWAYS-7days-delay-322698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I recieved the next statement today (4/2) that was 'supposedly' mailed on 3/24. (9 days later)

At that pace I would have 2 days to respond before it went delinquent! (20-9-9=2)

I examined the letter for evidence of when it was mailed. (post stamp cancellation, post mark, etc) I only found "AAKMSP1 75056" which doesn't show up on the USPS tracking system.

If anyone knows how to translate that number into the date it was mailed please post that information on this threat.