containing

• Submitted: Wed, August 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, August 06, 2008

• Reported By:Santa Barbara California
FIA Card Services
PO Box 15026 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

FIA Card Services Can't AutoPay Full Balance Wilmington Delaware

FIA Card Services offers a Bill Pay service that purports to allow you to set up "AutoPay" so that they get paid every month. What they don't say is that you can't set it up to pay the balance in full every month.

It took me extensive research thru their help system to realize it was completely silent on this issue. Thankfully, in a single call to their customer service--with only one transfer and minimal hold time--I reached someone who confirmed that you can't automatically pay the balance in full each month.

I had previously tried finding customer service online at their bill payment site, called checkfreebillpay, but there isn't a way to inquire about this issue. So I went to their main website called customercenter.net and sent a message. The reply I got said I had to send a secure message thru my bill pay account. So I went back to the account to do so. However, they only allow you to send a message about a specific payment that has already been posted, not an inquiry about how to set up automatic payment.

I am so frustrated with the lack of customer service that I've now spent a couple hours looking for others who share my concern. I want to somehow register that fiacardservice's customer service is lousy, and thus help others beware. The company I work for recently left FIA as their service provider due to deplorable customer service. Now I see first-hand why they did so.

I'll close my fia account as soon as possible and use a company that allows me to autopay my bill in full each month.

Ttwaj
Santa Barbara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2008 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/FIA-Card-Services-Cant-AutoPay-Full-Balance-Wilmington-Delaware-359764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services