Complaint Review: FIA Card Services

• Submitted: Sun, May 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 04, 2009

• Reported By:Elgin Illinois
FIA Card Services
P.O. Box 15026, Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

FIA Card Services Charged me $30 in late fees on a $30 bill... that I never received Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Suggestion: Seriously?

I was out to eat with my family...when the bill came I paid with my FIA Master Card that I had a $30,000 open credit line on - or so I thought. The card was declined (how embarrassing) so I paid it with another card. When I arrived home I called customer service and spoke with Ladina who couldn't have been less helpful or cared less. I told her my situation and she informed my they hadn't received a payment on a $30 charge for a couple of months and they had frozen my credit account and began charging me $15 per month for late fees or $30 for the two months.

I told her that I had never received those statements and thought the exessive charges were uncalled for since I have been a member since 2001 and have paid my bill on time every month since I've had the credit card. Even when I had a balance of over $25,000 it was paid off within a few months. If I had missed a payment I would have expected a courtesy phone call or an email notifying me of the issue and not a 50% late fee along with a freezing of my account.

Ladina told me I should have requested email alerts if I desired some form of notification from them, and since the statements had not been returned to them, so if I didn't pay the balance on the statement these were the consequences...so I closed my account, to which she seemed very matter afact about.

FIA obviously has a culture of non caring oportunists that are more interested in making a buck than servicing their valuable customers.

Jim ****
Elgin, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2009 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/FIA-Card-Services-Charged-me-30-in-late-fees-on-a-30-bill-that-I-never-received-Wilmi-448517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You expect a credit card company to call every customer they have when they miss a payment? This is not their responsibility. They have a point, if they were mailing the statements and the statements were not returned they have no idea you are not receiving them. Did you take the time to verify the address they had on file?

And she was correct that you can get email alerts now when your due date is approaching.

You also do not decline making the initial charge. You knew that you made it and you knew it would have to be paid. You should know your due date. If you haven't seen a statement by your due date you should have called them. Just because you don't receive a statement doesn't mean that it is not due.

merger