Complaint Review: FIA Card Services

• Submitted: Thu, July 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:Erie Pennsylvania
FIA Card Services
P.O. Box 15019 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

FIA Card Services FIA Card Services is extremely Unethical!! Wilmington Delaware

On 6-29-09 I contacted FIA Card Services because I wanted to settle my debt with Bank of America because I had fallen behind on payments. They agreed to $2,205 in which they wanted $145 that day since I would not be able to pay the balance of $2,100 until approximately 7-15-09. I gave them permission to debit the $145 that day, which they did.

I just called them today 7-16-09 to pay the $2,100 and they said that the offer is no longer good because the paperwork was never done by the person who accepted the original offer and if there really was an offer there would have been an exact date, which is not true since they knew I would not have the money until 7-15-09 or a week after.

Now they want me to pay $3,430 to settle this debt. The offer was made on 6-29-09 and today is 7-16-09.

I don't have the money to pay the $3,430 because I borrowed every dime I could to pay the $2,100.

I have filed a report with the Federal Trade Commission and I will also be contacting consumer protection in my state to file a complaint. I will also be writing a letter to Kenneth Lewis who is the President of Bank of America.

Tammy
Erie, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2009 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIA-Card-Services/Wilmington-Delaware/FIA-Card-Services-FIA-Card-Services-is-extremely-Unethical-Wilmington-Delaware-470569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIA Card Services