Complaint Review: FIELDS DATA RECOVERY

• Updated: Sun, July 25, 2010

• Reported By: Angry — Other USA
FIELDS DATA RECOVERY
1001 Craig Rd., Suite 260 Internet United States of America

FIELDS DATA RECOVERY scam, dishonest, cannot get any information, does not perform recovery, misleading price quotes, lie, cheat Internet

*Consumer Comment: Let me help you

DO NOT USE FIELDS!!! This company is a SCAM. Back in August I sent in my drive that was accidently reformatted.

I was told that 95% of this type of recovery would cost $199.
I did try to research Fields, but the worse thing I came across was slow service.

I was put at ease by the the Customer Service Rep who was very professional and courteous. I was assured of their guaranty of no cost if they can't retrieve any data.

Well, I sent my drive in, and was promptly sent an email (Within 3 days of sending my drive in) with a list of recoverable files on my hard drive (About 80 gigs worth). The only problem was, they wanted about $900 to do the recovery.

After being lulled into a false state of comfort, and negotiating the recovery cost down to about $600, I agreed to have them perform the task. I was told I should get my data back in about a week.

Once they got my money, everything changed. A week turned into two, then three, then four. After about a month of calling, I finally got a USB drive back with what looked like it had all of my data on it. Even though it took a while,
I didn't care. I was just glad to get my missing data. Well, thats what I thought until I tried to open some files on that drive. It took several weeks to get through my files, but onb the entire disc, the only file I could open was one, (Yes, only one) file, which by the way was just a saved internet shortcut. Every other file on that drive was corrupt.

I called them back and they were very apologetic, and told me to send back the drive, and they would redo the recovery.

I sent it back, and again was assured that I would get my data back within a week. That week went by, then another one, and many more. Two months and a hundred phone calls and emails later. I finally got the drive back. Guess what, no useable data again. I called and wanted and asked for a refund. The CS rep said he didn't have the authority to do that, and he would have to have someone from the home office in London call me. It's been over two weeks, and of course no call. Anyway, the last conversation I had when I called back the Customer Service Rep, I stated their guaranty, and was told that actually I did get all my data back, and just because it was all corrupt and non-useable, they did what they promised.

So, after many attemps of trying to talk to somebody there with authority, I gave up. I had put this purchase and on a credit card and called my bank to see if they would stop payment. They said they would investigate my claim. In the end, they did end up stopping payment. I am very thankful and feel very lucky that it all worked out for me at the end. You may want to try this yourself as the last resort.  AGAIN, DO NOT USE FIELDS DATA RECOVERY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIELDS-DATA-RECOVERY/internet/FIELDS-DATA-RECOVERY-scam-dishonest-cannot-get-any-information-does-not-perform-recove-580175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIELDS DATA RECOVERY

Let me help you

AUTHOR: Rowland Ferraro - (United Arab Emirates)

please contact me rowland (at)(((Redacted)))I can help forward your complaint to the UK authorities.