Complaint Review: FIFTH THIRD BANK - CINCINNATI / Northern KY

• Updated: Wed, August 25, 2010

• Reported By: Clint — Francisco Indiana United States of America
FIFTH THIRD BANK - CINCINNATI / Northern KY
Po Box 630900 Cincinnaati, Ohio United States of America

FIFTH THIRD BANK - CINCINNATI / Northern Kentucky They are charging me for a check I thought was good when they should have caught the problem Cincinnaati, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: You are correct...

*Consumer Comment: How is this the Bank's fault??

*Consumer Comment: not the bank's fault

I had received a check to do some contract work when I cashed it I was not notified until 16 days later that the check did not clear and my account was overdrawn. Fifth Third has refused to delete the charges that keep piling up on my account. This money was to restart my business that Fifth third let fail in April of 2010 due to them discriminating against my business because I owned a trucking company they said " We will not loan to you because you own a trucking company." Therfore I will try to seek damages done to me. I guess it is ok for me to loan them money against my will to keep their doors open but I am discriminated against when I needed the money to save my business. All because I was a trucking company owner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2010 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIFTH-THIRD-BANK-CINCINNATI-Northern-KY/Cincinnaati-Ohio-45263/FIFTH-THIRD-BANK-CINCINNATI-Northern-Kentucky-They-are-charging-me-for-a-check-I-thou-634274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIFTH THIRD BANK - CINCINNATI / Northern KY

You are correct...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Therfore I will try to seek damages done to me

- You need to seek damages.  But not against the bank, against the person who wrote you the bad check.  It is not discrimination because the bank didn't give you a loan, and the bank is not the reason your business failed.

Regardless of what you or other people think.  The bank can not instantly verify a check is good.  There are many factors involved where it could take 10-15 banking days before it comes back as bad.  There is not some evil consipiracy to hold bad checks just to charge you fees and cause you other issues.  If you present a check to the bank, then you are representing that it is valid and the bank will hold you responsible if it later comes up as a bad check.

How is this the Bank's fault??

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

It is not period - If the check was no good then go after the person/business that wrote you the bad check!

The bank does not have a crystal ball - They took the check on good faith. You spent the money and the bank honored those monies. Therefore you are now responsible.

Good luck seeking damages because YOU are initially responsible for the bad check

not the bank's fault

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

It's not the bank's fault that you deposited a bad check. Of course they're going to charge it back to your account. Direct your complaint at the person that wrote the check.