Complaint Review: FINANCIAL RESOURCES UNLIMITED, INC.

• Submitted: Fri, January 31, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, September 24, 2003

• Reported By:Saratoga California
FINANCIAL RESOURCES UNLIMITED, INC.
7000 Adams Stree #101, Willowbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

FINANCIAL RESOURCES UNLIMITED deceptive company Willowbrook Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I need my money back too!

*Consumer Suggestion: Attorney General is looking into more than 180 complaints

I recently read an ad which was published in the Penny Saver. It talked about how you can make an income of $550.00 up to $3,000.00 a month by mailing out letters for them. The name of the company is FINANCIAL RESOURCES UNLIMITED, INC.

It also said that you don't need to pay for stamps, envelopes or whatsoever since they provide everything for you. And all you would need to do is stuff those envelopes and mail it out. But then the catch was that you would need to pay $55.00 if you want to make $550.00 all the way up to $150.00 to make $3,000.00 a month.

They also circled the $150.00 bracket and placed the word "BONUS" beside it to make it more attractive. If a person is stupid enough, he or she is likely to pay that amount thinking he/she will make $3,000.00.

I checked out the company to see how legit everything was and saw that they did not provide any e-mail address, any person's name or number where you can talk to a live operator. The number they provided was the same number they placed on the Penny Saver ad where you would need to leave your name, number and address. That was it. No live operators! No one to help you with anything!

This was just too good to be true. I had my husband search the internet for this company and sure enough, he found it under google.com, the 1st one to appear with information from Rip-Off Report. This really helped. Pls. take the time to read ads like this one and do a search on it before you even think of mailing out a single cent.

Maria
Bay Area, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2003 12:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FINANCIAL-RESOURCES-UNLIMITED-INC/Willowbrook-Illinois-60527/FINANCIAL-RESOURCES-UNLIMITED-deceptive-company-Willowbrook-Illinois-43565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FINANCIAL RESOURCES UNLIMITED, INC.

I need my money back too!

AUTHOR: LaToria - (U.S.A.)

Financial Resources Unlimited, INC riped me off. I sent them $65.00 for mailing at home. That was 3 weeks ago, and I haven't got paid.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

I was interested in in-home work so contacted this company. They sent me a two-page flyer with general information.

Since I had heard negative comments about in-home ads, I called the Better Business Bureau of Willowbrook, Illinois and am so glad I did. They informed me that their Attorney General is looking into more than 180 complaints against this company. **The Better Business Bureau does NOT endorse this company!**

A consumer's best protection against this sort of scam is to call the Better Business Bureau to determine whether or not the company in question is endorsed by the BBB.

#3 Consumer Suggestion