Complaint Review: FINGERHUT CORPORATION - AXSYS PLAZA

• Submitted: Mon, October 27, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2003

• Reported By:CARROLLTON Georgia
FINGERHUT CORPORATION - AXSYS PLAZA
P.O. BOX 1250 ST CLOUD, Minnesota U.S.A.

FINGERHUT CORPORATION - AXSYS PLAZA RIPOFF SCREWING WITH MY CREDIT MUST STOP ST CLOUD Minnesota

I purchased a law enforcement scanner from fingerhut several years ago. The scanner was broken, I was not able to preprogram the channels. I had 30 days to return it at no charge. I returned it to them within the 30 days. My account was not charged the full price of the scanner but was charged 20% of the cost plus the interest and fee for past the 30 days.

I refused to pay for several months and demanded my acct be closed. I continued to advise them when they would call that I was not paying for it the merchandise was returned within the time frame and I felt that I owed them nothing. For several months they continued to leave my account open and charge me for the balance. Finally the got the point and stopped at a balance of $198.00.

It then went to collections, and they sent me a settlement letter. I am trying to buy a house and didn't want it going on my credit report. Now keep in mind this has been several years and it has not been put on my credit report yet. I decided to accept the settlement just to avoid it going on my credit report and paid it off 09/01/03. I recently received a copy of my credit report and it has been put on there when. 10/25/03/.

Two months after I have paid this off. I have requested an investigation and I plan on contacting there customer service and will not rest until this is fixed.

Melissa
CARROLLTON, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/27/2003 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FINGERHUT-CORPORATION-AXSYS-PLAZA/ST-CLOUD-Minnesota-56395/FINGERHUT-CORPORATION-AXSYS-PLAZA-RIPOFF-SCREWING-WITH-MY-CREDIT-MUST-STOP-ST-CLOUD-Minn-70284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FINGERHUT CORPORATION - AXSYS PLAZA