Complaint Review: FINGERHUT

• Submitted: Sun, February 16, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, February 16, 2003

• Reported By:Davis California
16 McLeland Rd. 56303 St. Clould, Minnesota U.S.A.

FINGERHUT CREDIT ADVANTAGE outlandish ripoff late fees, finance fees on late fees! St. Clould Minnesota

In October 2000 I paid for a vacuum for my son. I sent the payment with the order. They said later my payment was late. They chased me for 3 years, harrassed me at work threatening to sue me, garnish my wages, take my car from me for one erroneous late fee.

The late fee was originally $18, they say it was unpaid, and kept adding more late fees to the original late fee, and finance charges totalling $187 dollars!

I finally got fed up, and told them I was scouting up fed up Fingerhut ripped off customers on the internet for a Class Action Lawsuit, and they finally backed off, and sent me a letter saying my account was now zero, and an apology. I am sorry, but, for several years of harrassment, causing me panic attacks, hives, loss of sleep, etc., this just doesn't cut it.

I am still interested in a class action suit, and would love to see more Rip-off Reports on Fingerhut customers whom want to join me in a class action suit. Rip-off Reprot will make arangements with layers who are interested and bring everyone together. If you have a consumer attorney willing to take contingency fees let us know. I'd like to get at least 50 people for this lawsuit.

Davis, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2003 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FINGERHUT/St-Clould-Minnesota-56303/FINGERHUT-CREDIT-ADVANTAGE-outlandish-ripoff-late-fees-finance-fees-on-late-fees-St-Clo-45643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FINGERHUT