Complaint Review: FIRESTONE TIRE CO.

• Submitted: Thu, March 15, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: JACK — OLD HICKORY Tennessee United States of America
FIRESTONE TIRE CO.
LEBANON RD. HERMITAGE,TN. HERMITAGE, Tennessee United States of America

FIRESTONE TIRE CO. CARELESS MECHANIC HERMITAGE, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: bad experience.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Poor Firestone service

I had a bad experience at the hermitage store on Lebanon pike. I got 2 tires put on last week. I came back this week to have another one put on. I waited a while got tired of sitting and walked outside to look at my van in the stall. I could not believe my eyes! The young man had my van jacked up in the rear in the center of the rear "axle". The "axle" is a very small metal channel. NOT MADE TO LIFT THE WEIGHT OF A VAN. I called the service writer over showed him that the "axle" was bending in the middle where the jack was. How stupid! I believe he did this to my car because I didnt want an alignment. The service writer asked the "mechanic" to move the jack. He did so reluctantly. I went back in and sat down. I waited til my van was ready paid went to my van looked at the new tire ok. Looked at the other rear tire I asked to have balance, it was never touched! I was livid. He" the mechanic" said he balanced the wheel on the inside and left the "old" wheel weight on the outside. There were dried leaves still stuck in the wheel cover and the tire was obviously low on air. I can not believe this guy. To let a car leave your shop with low air. As much trouble as your people and FORD  had with bad tires. FIRESTONE STINKS I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRESTONE-TIRE-CO/HERMITAGE-Tennessee-/FIRESTONE-TIRE-CO-CARELESS-MECHANIC-HERMITAGE-Tennessee-854565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRESTONE TIRE CO.

bad experience.

AUTHOR: N/A - ()

i too have had the same experience. as the poster a/b said, they are very pushy sales people. should be used car salesman or prob were previous. firestone service very crappy overpriced, the dealer labor rates are just as cheap and the dealer parts are normally cheaper, firestone seems to be 3-4 times more expensive... Will NEVER go back again...  signed long lost customer... ( not that you care )

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Poor Firestone service

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

This is the same type of service at all Firestone locations..  Crappy work, high price charges, and crappy help..   They just want to sell you something so the manager, service manager, tire manager, district and assisstant district managers can hit their bonus.. If they don't sell  x amount of tires they don't get a bigger bonus.. Plus the selling associate gets paid a spiff on selling you the tire..    Word of wise... go to either discount tire, or the dealer...  Firestone price match is a total scam...  will find everyway not to honor.