Complaint Review: FIRESTONE

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: PAMELA1825 — SARASOTA Florida United States of America
4060 BEE RIDGE ROAD, SARASOTA, Florida United States of America

I took my car here for the 17.99 oil change special they were advertising on a banner in front of the store. I also have  the free for life tire alignment and rotation from a previous purchase One hour after I dropped off my vehicle they called me and said I had a nail in a tire that could not be fixed . They also came up with a total of 868.00  in things they said i needed to have done/

since I have their tire warranty i told them change the tire nothing else . when I  went in to pick up my car , they said that my tire was fine and didn't need  to be changed , because they foundthat with mywarrant they  could only charge me $33 , on warranty ,  instead of the almost 200 price for my tire .

When i asked how it could go from being unrepairable , to not needing anything , they showing me a small piece of screw , and it wasn't into the tire as deep as they thought .  I  picked up the car and took it to (((competitor's name redacted))) , off of Clark road .  Matt did eveything on the list of repairs that firestone listed except he did not change my windshield wipers at @9.99 each /

My total bill from (((redacted)))  was under $400. Matt was really great he stayed over past he posted hours to finish my car , and it really runs great. i thought the big box names were honest. Now i will always go to the small business owner in the future

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRESTONE/SARASOTA-Florida-342533/FIRESTONE-LIED-ABOUT-MY-NAIL-IN-MY-TIRE-AND-MORE-SARASOTA-Florida-991738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRESTONE