• Report: #120365

Complaint Review: FIRST AMERICAN HOME BUYERS PROTECTION CORP.

• Submitted: Mon, November 29, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 30, 2004

• Reported By:gardena California
FIRST AMERICAN HOME BUYERS PROTECTION CORP.
Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

FIRST AMERICAN HOME BUYERS PROTECTION CORP RIPOFF LIARS UNHELPFULL Van Nuys California

*Consumer Suggestion: UPDATE ON CASE

I had a plumbing problem which caused water to leak from one of the pipes connected to our shower drain system. The leak caused water to seep down into the garage on the condominum complex I lived in. I called them to file a claim and the inspector came 5 HOURS LATE. He shows up with an attitude like he was the one waiting 5 hours. After refusing to take off his shoes inside my home he checks for problems and leaves saying I'll receive a call by Monday or Tuesday.

After not hearing from them I decided to call them on Friday. That's when things started getting worse. The customer service people from First American kept passing me around and asking me to call the pluming company. The plumbing company on the other hand said they had already sent in a quote and was just waiting for First American's reply. So I called First American who then told me that they had alredy faxed the APPROVED work order and that I should just call the plumbing company to set up a schedule. So I called the plumbing company who of course denied receiving any fax from them.

Frustrated, I called First American and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. I told the supervisor I was fed up with the run around and wanted to get an answer to which he replied that the job had indeed been approved and I should just wait for a call to get a schedule very soon. Three weeks passed and I never received a call.... so I called today to find out what happened. Now they tell me that nothing had been approved. I tried to get some real answers from them but the lady I spoke to just wanted to shove it in my face that there had never been an approval.

I guess this is just how they run things around there. People lie to get you off the phone.. and you end up frustrated three weeks after with an unhelpful customer service rep who seems like her only role in the company is damage control but she's doing a bad job at it. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY.... DO NOT EVER THINK OF GETTING ANYTHING OUT OF THEM.

Edwin
Monterey Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2004 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRST-AMERICAN-HOME-BUYERS-PROTECTION-CORP/Van-Nuys-California/FIRST-AMERICAN-HOME-BUYERS-PROTECTION-CORP-RIPOFF-LIARS-UNHELPFULL-Van-Nuys-California-120365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRST AMERICAN HOME BUYERS PROTECTION CORP.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

UPDATE ON CASE

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

After filing a complain online...someone from First American called me to let me know there will be a second inspection. I'm writing to give them credit for responding promplty and for having a reasonable person listen to my complain. I just hope we can resolve the issue.