Complaint Review: FIRST CHOICE EMERGENCY ROOM

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: XFactor — Wylie Texas United States of America
FIRST CHOICE EMERGENCY ROOM
211 E FM 544, Suite 401 Murphy, Texas United States of America

FIRST CHOICE EMERGENCY ROOM FCER FCER RIP OFF SCAM First Choice Emergency Room Murphy, Texas

*Consumer Comment: What was the outcome

*Consumer Comment: It is the EMERGENCY ROOM!!!

*General Comment: Visited same place with big time rip off

I went to this medical facility because I thought I might have strep. Went there, they got me in and out in about 10-15 minutes tops. I did not have strep...but they gave me a Z-pack for infection and Vicodin for the pain of sore throat even though I told them the pain was a 3 out of 10 with 10 being the worst pain in my life. I left without any payment required and thought...man this place is great. Then about 45 days later, receive a bill for almost 1100 dollars! Basically went in with a cold, and come out with an 1100 dollar bill. Apparently there is a facility fee of approximately 800 dollars for the 10-15 minutes I was there. They called an told me they could take 30 percent of the bill if I paid 750 right now over the phone. I said I am willing to pay 30 percent and never go back, but I only had to pay 400 dollars to a specialist when my daughter broke her arm with several checkup visits. What makes them think that 1100 dollars for a cold is fair or reasonable? They said they are considered an emergency room. I said, you are located right beside a Planet Tan and Hibachi grill in a 24 hour fitness parking lot...are you serious? They said they would send me to collections. I said go ahead, I already told you I would pay 30% and never come back, but if that is not fair and reasonable...do what you feel you gotta do. It appears other people are experiencing the same kind of billing treatment.. http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/First-Choice-Emergency.aspx

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2012 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRST-CHOICE-EMERGENCY-ROOM/Murphy-Texas-75094/FIRST-CHOICE-EMERGENCY-ROOM-FCER-FCER-RIP-OFF-SCAM-First-Choice-Emergency-Room-Murphy-Tex-880268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRST CHOICE EMERGENCY ROOM

What was the outcome

AUTHOR: David - ()

I'm experiencing the same issue with FCER and would like to know what the outcome was. Did you end up paying your bill there? I am looking for a way to bring enough attention to this places practices to stop them from continuing with this fraud. Everything about this place leads consumers to think walk in clinic and they hit you with an ER bill. There has to be a way to hit them back!

It is the EMERGENCY ROOM!!!

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Not an outpatient clinic or a Doctor's Office - cost alot more to run an ER which is for EMERGENCIES!!! NOT strep throat! I sliced my leg open a week ago and had to go to the ER because the wound was so deep.  I expect the bill to reflect such charges because it was Midnight and I had no choice to avoid infection. And NO I do not work for this company or even live anywhere near said facility.

#3 General Comment

Visited same place with big time rip off

AUTHOR: cranky28 - (United States of America)

Avoid this place or you'll get ripped off big time.

I went there with my son to check on his allergies after he experienced some breathing problems and rush on his torso. I gave him a dose of Benadryl and he was better after ten min. But decided to go there just to be sure everything is fine.
The visit was long less than 10 min. The doctor said that was good thing we gave him the Benadryl right away and continue to do that next 24 hours. That was it!!!

Outcome: $948 for the First Choice and $298 for the Doc. !!!!!! I'm disputing this with my insurance and stay away from this place.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC