• Submitted: Thu, July 10, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 10, 2003

• Reported By:COHOES New York
P.O BOX 2779 PORTLAND, Oregon U.S.A.
  • Phone: 516-576-8706
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

FIRST CONSUMER NATIONAL BANK ripoff business from hell deceptive company slow prossessing screwed others too slow prossessing PORTLAND Oregon

After doing business w/FCNB for 5 years and being on time w/ all my payments. Constantly being accused of being late and charged additional 35.00 only to have interest charged to that amt.

Because they are purposely slow in processing my payments. Ex: I have sent in 50.00 to my FCNB Spegiel,Ed Bauer acct on 7/2/03 for the 7/15/03 payment date. Here it is 7/11 and it has not been processed as yet. It takes 3 days for the mail to Oregon from Albany, NY and maybe 1 to 2 days maxs for processing a payment.

I have read other complaints and now realize that I am not the only one who has been ripped off in the past with the so called late payment fee of 35.00, only to have it be a domimnoe affect, because of their purposely slow processing rip off. Also, FCNB has not been passing our payments on to Speigel, Eddie Bauer, etc.

Then where is our money and if the FCNB acct that we all have has been closed. Then why are we obligated to pay on an acct. that has been closed? Could someone contact me & the rest of us consumers from the State of Oregon State's Attorney Generals' Office. If one calls the # for FCNB you get 516-576-8706, all you get is a constant recording. It will give you the last five payments recv'd, mine went from Jan. to May.

Why didn't I hear about my June payment. it's been cashed as far as my bank is concerned. Oh, you won't get a live customer service rep to speak to, why is that? Someone needs to look into this company ASAP.

COHOES, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2003 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRST-CONSUMER-NATIONAL-BANK/PORTLAND-Oregon-97208/FIRST-CONSUMER-NATIONAL-BANK-ripoff-business-from-hell-deceptive-company-slow-prossessing-63278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRST CONSUMER NATIONAL BANK