Complaint Review: FIRST CONSUMERS NATIONAL BANK

• Submitted: Fri, November 05, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 05, 2004

• Reported By:CUMMING Georgia
FIRST CONSUMERS NATIONAL BANK
NORCROSS, GEORGIA NORCROSS, Georgia U.S.A.

FIRST CONSUMERS NATIONAL BANK ripoff NORCROSS Georgia

I had a first consumers account too! They filed bankruptcy and for many months I never received a statement until I was over the limit as they had assesed many late fees. I had sent them a letter disputing the late fees and over the limit fees arguing that if they went bankrupt then the contract was void and all that I owed them was my original balance at the time they filed for bankruptcy. However, they contacted me back indicating that they can still assess late fees and over the limit charges to my account.

Now my account is always over the limit as the monthly payment of $50.00 never brings it below the credit limit. I don't know how they could get away with this. Seems like highway robbery to me. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit against them that ex-cardholders can file on. I would really love to see them set straight in regards to ripping off the public.

Kimberly
CUMMING, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2004 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRST-CONSUMERS-NATIONAL-BANK/NORCROSS-Georgia/FIRST-CONSUMERS-NATIONAL-BANK-ripoff-NORCROSS-Georgia-116262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRST CONSUMERS NATIONAL BANK