Complaint Review: FITH THIRD BANK

• Submitted: Wed, July 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 01, 2009

• Reported By:Mount Holly North Carolina
www.53.com CINCINNATI, Ohio U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-972-3030
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

FITH THIRD BANK, 53banking I changed to FIFTH THIRD BANK, 2 months ago, and I'm on disability, I've been overdrawn, for 2 months. CINCINNATI Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Fee schedule...

I am on disability so I don't have much money to start with. The reason I switched Banks, is because I thought my other banks fees were to much, and I was told 53 was a reasonable bank.

My daughter tells me that I'm to trusting, and I know a few of them were my fault. I could have understood paying overdraft fees, of $25.00 or $35.00, but FIFTH THIRD did not stop there, they also charge $8.00 a day over the $25.00 or more fees.

Now I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to trust any bank. I don't remember reading or being told about, the overdraft fees, and having to pay $8.00 a day until you get them caught up.

At the rate they are adding up, they may as well take my whole disability check this month. I'll be lucky if I have enough money left to buy my medicines.

I'm not sure if I'm writing a ripoff report or Just telling what is happening to me after reading some others reports.

Mount Holly, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FITH-THIRD-BANK/CINCINNATI-Ohio-45263-0900/FITH-THIRD-BANK-53banking-I-changed-to-FIFTH-THIRD-BANK-2-months-ago-and-Im-on-disabi-466912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FITH THIRD BANK

Fee schedule...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

While I am sure that you were given a copy of the fee schedule when you signed off on the terms and conditions, here is a web page where you can see Fifth Third's fee schedule:

Towards the bottom third of the screen, you'll see a link that says "View Fees that apply to all checking accounts". Click it and you'll see all of their fees including the $8 daily overdraft fee and their overdraft fee structure.

Just in case RipoffReport redacts the above URL, you can see the fee schedule by going to the Fifth Third website and going to the free checking account page.