Complaint Review: FLORIDA CAREER COLLEGE

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: Erika — MIAMI Florida
FLORIDA CAREER COLLEGE
Miami, Florida USA

FLORIDA CAREER COLLEGE ANTHEM COLLEGE CERTIFICATIONS ARE NOT VALID Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Misconcep

I attended Florida Career College from 2009-2010 and enrolled in the Medical Billing & Coding program. The person that enrolled me showed at the beginning a folder with names of companies that had a contract with FCC to hire new graduates, in the list she particularly showed me Baptist Hospital, Mercy Hospital, Miami Childrens Hospital amongst others. She told me that the school compromised to get a job for me after graduation. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and waited patiently for the recruiter to get me a job. The only two jobs they called me for was one in the a medical supply equipment assembly factory company and the other one was as a receptionist in some company not in the healthcare business. None of the jobs offered were in any way related to my certification. I started applying on my own to several other places with no luck. I was told by the major hospitals in the Miami area that they ONLY recognize  the AHIMA certifiaction and that the one I had was not considered valid. I did not only waste my time but I have a student debt of $11,000.00.  I do not know how the Department of Education allows this type of schools to run this type of scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FLORIDA-CAREER-COLLEGE/Miami-Florida/FLORIDA-CAREER-COLLEGE-ANTHEM-COLLEGE-CERTIFICATIONS-ARE-NOT-VALID-Miami-Florida-1121429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FLORIDA CAREER COLLEGE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Misconcep

AUTHOR: Nowa - ()

HI.

Medical Billing & Coding program.

Do not blame School .Get Certified.

Here the link for you  ahima.org/certification

You need to pass Certification Test as I did on my field .Employers seek certified professionals.

You need to buy study materials ,then pass the test.

It is your fault and responsability

I did graduated in 2011 , 3 months laters I had my first Job. I was certified already before applied.

GET CERTIFIED. DO NOT BLAME SCHOOL. IT IS YOU NO THEM.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC