effectively

• Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: CHAPMAN1194 — Palm Bay Florida United States of America
FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT
MIAMI, Florida United States of America

FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT FPL My current bill was due on the 20th. I recieved a shut off notice on the 23rd??? MIAMI, Florida

*Consumer Comment: What does "single parent of 3 children," and "I do not have much money in my bank"....

I am a single parent of 3 children, I have worked my entire life to suppport my children and have never asked for state or community help. I am by no means well off, I do not have alot of money in the bank, but I get us by. My FPL bill was due on the 20th of November 2012, today is November 23, 2012, I recieved a shut off notice in the mail today. Remember yesterday was a holiday, no mail. They had to printed this on the 20th, to get it in the mail on the 21st to have it to me on the 23rd. I am 3 days late, I have no outstanding or past due balance, just last months bill, so why is there a shut off notice?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FLORIDA-POWER-LIGHT/MIAMI-Florida-33188/FLORIDA-POWER-LIGHT-FPL-My-current-bill-was-due-on-the-20th-I-recieved-a-shut-off-noti-972862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

have to do with this? You were late and I would STRONGLY suspect it wasn't the first time. Why wasn't your bill paid on time? The holiday has NOTHING to do with it...you were late and they wanted their money...that's how businesses work.

NO Ripoff here. No, I DON'T work for them.