Complaint Review: FMS Services

• Reported By: miso — Portland Oregon United States of America
FMS Services
2394 E Camelback Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

FMS SERVICES Shady Collection Agency Out Of Phoenix, Arizona

I received a letter from these jokers on the 22nd of December 2009 telling me that I owed the US Department of Education 550.00.  Since this account was placed with them for collections I now owe a total of $948.93.  $213.17 is interest and $185.87 if "Fees and Costs".

I would have been upset however I am in school full-time and not in default of anything because my loans are in deferrement.  I actually chuckled when I read the letter.

A quick trip the the US Deptartment of Education to see all my loans and how much I actually owe (61,315.07) and looked through each and every loan and nothing is defaulted.

Then I went to my credit report and checked Equifax, Transunion, and TRW, and there is nothing there even remotely close to FMS.  I have one ding from 5 years ago, as I missed a payment on a retail store credit card (don't ever do that, it lowered my credit score by ten points!). [continued below]....

.....

When I called this place I blocked my number and when I was connected it sounded like a boiler room.

My next call is to the US Department of Education to get in writing I am not in default (I know I am not) and then I am filing a report with the Federal Trade Commision.

Whatever you do if you get a letter like this, DO NOT give them any personal information.  That means do not reveal your social security number, or telephone number, or any banking information.

This is one huge ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2010 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FMS-Services/Phoenix-Arizona-95016/FMS-SERVICES-Shady-Collection-Agency-Out-Of-Phoenix-Arizona-548578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FMS Services