Complaint Review: FMS Services/Palisades Collection LLC

• Submitted: Tue, March 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 17, 2009

• Reported By:Glendale Arizona
FMS Services/Palisades Collection LLC
PO Box 681515 Schaumburg, Illinois U.S.A.

FMS Services/Palisades Collection LLC Bogus credit settlement! Schaumburg Illinois

I had a credit card with Providian that I opened in 1999. In 2008, this FMS Services/Palisades Collection LLC sent me a letter letting me know that this debt had been sent to their company for collections. I had just started to want to get my credit back in line, so I called and they offered a settlement of around $800, which was less that the original amount of $1,182.52. I figured this was a good deal.

My girlfriend used her checking account and we made three monthly payments, until the debt was settled, or so we thought. They had told me that when the settlement was final, that I would receive a letter letting me know it was settled. When this letter never came, I started to get suspicious.

So I called back to ask where my letter was at, and they apologized and told me that it was now in the mail. Still no letter, so I called again, and this time I gave them a fax number. Then I decided to look online and research this company, and this is when the shock and awe factor came in when I realized this company is completely bogus and known for scamming individuals.

I initially never thought about the fact that this credit card was LONG past the statue of limitations, and paying it is not worth my time, thankfully my credit report was never hit. It was a hard lesson to learn but now I know to investigate before paying anything.

Randy
Glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2009 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FMS-ServicesPalisades-Collection-LLC/Schaumburg-Illinois-60168-1515/FMS-ServicesPalisades-Collection-LLC-Bogus-credit-settlement-Schaumburg-Illinois-435123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FMS Services/Palisades Collection LLC