Avenue

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2005

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
FNANB/Fleet/FNBO Emerge
PO Box 1168 Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

FNANB - Fleet - FNBO Emerge bad customer service transferring accounts with no reason Newark New Jersey

I have had my credit card for many years. It started out with FNANB. I never had any problems with it. Good online bill pay. About a year and a half ago they sold my account to Fleet. They kept the same website- I pay my bill in full almost monthly. No problems.

When I got a copy of my credit report I noticed monthly inquiries from Fleet. When I called and inquired why they could never give a reason. About six months ago I noticed fine print on a statement telling me FNBO had acquired my account. When I called to find out what had happened again no results. Getting a knotted feeling in my stomach I went to my credit union and got another Visa for when FNBO takes over.

When I checked my account online in May it said effective June 6, 2005 FNBO would be taking over my account and they posted a 1-800 number that was for customer service. Supposedly good 24/7 but the number was disconnected. I then called Fleet and they still wouldn't tell me anything other than I would be hearing from FNBO. Well it's 3 days before they take over my account and I have no address and have yet to hear from them, which doesn't surprise me after the reports I have read on this site. Fortunately my Fleet account was paid in full and the website shows I have a zero balance. I'm sort of interested to see what they try to pull. Someone needs to do something about these deceptive practices. I really feel for people that are financially strapped having been there myself. It's not right what these credit card companies can get away with.

Roxanne
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2005 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FNANBFleetFNBO-Emerge/Newark-New-Jersey-07101/FNANB-Fleet-FNBO-Emerge-bad-customer-service-transferring-accounts-with-no-reason-Newa-145006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FNANB/Fleet/FNBO Emerge