Complaint Review: FNBO - EMERGE MASTERCARD

• Submitted: Sat, March 05, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, March 12, 2005

• Reported By:Cornelius Oregon
FNBO - EMERGE MASTERCARD
PO BOX 23007 Columbus, Georgia U.S.A.

FNBO/EMERGE MASTERCARD Non-existent customer service Columbus Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: File Complaints against Emerge with FTC

I was never notified of my account conversion from First National Bank of Omaha to Emerge MasterCard until I received a notice of a printing error regarding the conversion of the old account.

Beginning February 20th, I called the customer service number 5 times, just to find someone that could help me understand the details of the letter. No one in what I'm guessing was India was able to assist me. In this process, I have been on hold for hours, have spoken with various unknowledgeable representatives, have been transferred to supervisors and then hung up on, have been asked to call back during "regular business hours" and then done so day after day only to be told the same thing, have been spoken to extremely rudely, etc.

As of today, I have never received a bill or a new card, though I did ask to have the account closed after my continued frustrations with customer service. I received a notice on March 4, 2005 saying that my payment is late. I am more than happy to make the payment, once I receive a bill. I tried explaining this to customer service (in Panama today), with the usual roadblocks of actually getting through to a representative. I was told that I should call my post office to see why I haven't been getting my mail, which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. After speaking with 3 different representatives today, I finally hung up.

This company has MAJOR problems that need to be resolved. I will continue to make payments via my bank's online billpay system, and hope to someday receive a bill from Emerge. I have read horrible reviews online about Emerge, similar to my complaints, and believe that there needs to be a lawsuit against their unfair business practices.

My biggest complaints are:
1. How can I be expected to pay a bill when I have never received one?
2. I have also never received any terms of service to this account, which is just bad business. I am in fear of what will actually happen with this account based on others' experiences.
3. Employees should be trained to actually be able to answer people's questions. I have also never spoken to such rude customer service representatives. A call center in the United States might be a good place to start. I have given up hope in actually receiving help for my concerns via Emerge's customer service.

What a joke!

Jeff
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2005 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FNBO-EMERGE-MASTERCARD/Columbus-Georgia/FNBOEMERGE-MASTERCARD-Non-existent-customer-service-Columbus-Georgia-133900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FNBO - EMERGE MASTERCARD

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Jeff,

Consumer complaints aginst Emerge should be brought to the attention of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). For Consumer Complaints contact the FTC Consumer Response Center: By phone: toll free 877-FTC-HELP(382-4357); 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday;
By mail: Consumer Response Center, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington,DC 20580; or through the Internet, using the online complaint form at www.ftc.gov.

#2 Consumer Suggestion