Complaint Review: FOOD LION

• Submitted: Thu, August 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:Moyock North Carolina
FOOD LION
foodlion.com Moyock, North Carolina U.S.A.

FOOD LION BEWARE UNSANITARY ripoff Moyock North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: There's no way you're telling the truth...

*UPDATE Employee: Don't believe it

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DITTO

Just thought people who shop here should know how they operate. The store has roaches and mice, they use no gloves on hands for cutting there meats,when the frozen and cold products are delivered they sit in the unairconditioned backroom for hours at a time before being re-refrigerated.

When they have issues with there cold cases breaking down or freezers, they simply put the thawed or warmed product back in other working coolers or freezers til they are fixed and put them back on the shelves for sale again. how cheap and disgusting can these people be. If you shop there hope you don't get sick(these are known facts, I work there and it makes me sick, but I need my job)

Concerned
Moyock, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2007 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FOOD-LION/Moyock-North-Carolina/FOOD-LION-BEWARE-UNSANITARY-ripoff-Moyock-North-Carolina-264822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FOOD LION

There's no way you're telling the truth...

AUTHOR: Cassieb21 - (U.S.A.)

I am a happy employee of Food Lion in Virginia. We are the same way with cleanliness and making sure everything is in order! The allegations you're talking about don't even sound right. Employees having sex all over the place?? Meat that has gone bad or been handled incorrectly being sold?? The store would have failed their health inspection. I think you're honestly making up these allegations because you were either disrespected by a store employee because either you disrespected them first or you were just out of line. The only reason customers come on here to complain and make allegations about stuff like that is if their visit was bad. How in the world would you know what goes on in the back? Customers are not allowed in the back. People in the meat department are always wearing gloves! I honestly think you're just an angry customer with time to spare, taking your rage on the internet to make Food Lion look like it's trying to poison and kill their customers. Stop slandering this company and employees, it's also defamation of character, hope you know, that without actual proof/evidence you could get a heavy lawsuit.

Don't believe it

AUTHOR: Scratch - (U.S.A.)

I presently work for Food Lion, and while not saying that you're a liar, I will say that I find it extremely hard to believe your allegations. The store that I work at, is totally focused (putting it mildly) on cleanliness and food handling safety. If/when one of our cold cases or freezers has a problem, IMMediately, all available associates from the store, are sent back with floats, to begin removing product, and taking it to the back freezer/cooler. No question of it thawing and being put back out. Most every employee in our store does their shopping there too.

How stupid would that be, to buy meats or cold products, that aren't safe to eat? We do not have any sort of vermin or bugs that I've ever seen, and I've been at this store for 4 years. As far as employees having sex in the store, I flat out don't believe it. There are associates terminated here, for continually not wearing their uniform or not wearing it properly..ie shirt tucked in, name tag, right pants/shirt, or shoes (no I'm not kidding) so to all I can figure, is that if this is actually going on, it's from lack of management/supervision.

When our trucks are unloaded, the cold/frozen items are taken directly from the truck to the cooler/freezers (I know this for a fact) and our meat dept. is very clean. The health dept. has given our meat dept. a rating of 100, and our deli is very proud of their 101. (You are welcome to stop in at any time to verify this)

I'm sorry that you are forced to work in such an unpleasant environment...maybe you should request a transfer to a better store!

Happy Food Lion associate
Scratch
Hamlet, NC

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DITTO

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I see you are in NC but the same story could be told in SC. Out of date food, thawed and reforzen product. I worked for company 10+ years and I have seen it all even employees having sex all over the store (both during and after store hours). I do not shop at Food Lion (even when I worked there) because I saw first hand what an unsanitary environment it is.