Complaint Review: FORD MOTOR CO & SILSBEE FORD LINCOLN MERCURY

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2007

• Reported By:batson Texas
FORD MOTOR CO & SILSBEE FORD LINCOLN MERCURY
Detroit & 1211 US HWY 96 N Silsbee, Texas U.S.A.

FORD MOTOR CO & SILSBEE FORD LINCOLN MERCURY LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE & NO QUALITY IN 2006 MUSTANG GT Detroit & Silsbee Silsbee Texas

I purchased a 2006 Mustang GT last December - my Christmas present. Personally, I think it is one of the best looking cars on the road,but, I now believe that the only thing going for the car.
I have had nothing but problems with this car. The current problem is that fact that the car will not take any gas. I have had the tank replaced-that did not fix the problem. At this time my car has been @ the dealer since for the past month & I am in my 3rd rental car (at their expense,thank goodness).
Ford has had their engineers out to look at the car and they cannot figure out why it will only take 32cents worth of gas.
I have called Ford several times and gotten the run around: can't find your file,we'll have someone call you,it's in the dealer's hands now,etc. Finally,I received a call from Ford yesterday and they wanted to know how things were going...says that from what he understands that the dealer is going to find me another Mustang - minus depreciation. I told him that no one from the dealer had contacted me directly regarding another Mustang and that quite frankly I did not want another Ford product - EVER!
The only person I had spoken to @ Silsbee Ford was a guy in the sevice dept. that put me in the rental car. He was making sure I still had the rental car , because he had seen it come across his desk and he wanted to see if there had been any resolution. I told him at that time no sales rep had called to offer anything. That conversation took place on 11/07/2007-I am still in the rental car!!!
Anyway, the regional Ford rep said that he would look into finding someone @ Silsbee Ford for me to talk to and that he would call back in a few to days to see how things were progressing.
Today (11/27/2007) a sales rep from Silsbee called and said that Ford agreed to buy the car back and that he had spoken to Charlotte (my sister-in-law,who works there) and that he knew that I was interested in the Mercury Milan!!!!! I could not believe that...first of all,until I Googled the Milan I had no idea what it looked like,let alone want to be bought out of a Mustang GT and put into a Milan.I told him that I did not want that car or any other from them. Well, he said that they (FORD or the dealer?) were offering me a "sweet deal" and he wasn't going to "beg" me to take it. He then said that he would have to refer my case back to the service rep because there was nothing he could do.
I do not understand the problem...if you buy a faulty or defective item you return it and get your money back. I purchased the car in good faith-I'm paying extra insurance to drive a GT and I'm driving a JEEP. The car has less than 10,000 miles on it and purchased the extended warranty. I believe I have kept my end of the deal & that they have not.

Szkat
batson, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2007 03:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FORD-MOTOR-CO-SILSBEE-FORD-LINCOLN-MERCURY/Silsbee-Texas-77656/FORD-MOTOR-CO-SILSBEE-FORD-LINCOLN-MERCURY-LACK-OF-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-NO-QUALITY-IN-2006-287183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FORD MOTOR CO & SILSBEE FORD LINCOLN MERCURY