Complaint Review: FORD MOTOR COMAPNY-MUSTANGS LEAKS

• Submitted: Tue, January 19, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 25, 2010

• Reported By: Rhonda — Midlothian Virginia U.S.A.
FORD MOTOR COMAPNY-MUSTANGS LEAKS
Nationwide United States of America

FORD MOTOR COMAPNY-MUSTANGS LEAKS Ford Motor Company Wont Fix Leaks With Ford Mustangs!!! Internet, Nationwide

*Author of original report: Ford Motor Company Doesnt Stand Behind their cars

*UPDATE Employee: Ford Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: Same problem here

*Consumer Comment: LAW SUIT

In april of 08 I bought a 2008 Ford Mustang Coupe,this car has beeen nothing but trouble since I first bought it from Richmond Ford in Richmond Va,I noticed about 2 weeks after bringing it home the grill was really loose on it as well as the bumper,that put red flags up right there,but I contacted Richmond Ford and was told to bring it in and they would fix it,well all fine and dandy till just about 3 months ago,the car started leaking water on the floors of the drivers and passenger side,as well as foggy windows,soaked carpet and smelled of mildew too.

I do have a warranty on this car,and since then it has been in the shop 3 times and the mustang still leaks when it rains,I have read over 200 stories of owners of these cars having the same problem and ford wont do anything about it except issue a TSB on these,which is just sealing it up with sealant and silicone,which everyone knows it wont hold forever.Sheehy ford has taken my car apart several times and now my car is nothing more then glue,inside and out,the carpets smell and so does the whole car.Ford's extended warranty does not cover water leaks,so once my manufacturer warranty runs out,guess who will have to pay to have it fixed every single time it rains and my car leaks water,from everywhere,we need to fight ford motor company as these mustangs have been known to leak water on the hardtop models,not the convertible,so everyone who owns a mustang u need to know these cars are defective in the way they are made.

I have tried to get them to buy the car back as now I am paying 400/month for a car that is leaking water,smells and has been glued back together practically in only temporarily fixing the water leaks,ford need to recall all those cars and stop making them this way.They are aware of these mustangs as far back as 2005,go look on the internet of mustang leaks,and u will see I am not the only one complaining of this,ford needs to have a class action lawsuit on them,as these cars are defective!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FORD-MOTOR-COMAPNY-MUSTANGS-LEAKS/nationwide/FORD-MOTOR-COMAPNY-MUSTANGS-LEAKS-Ford-Motor-Company-Wont-Fix-Leaks-With-Ford-Mustangs-556704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FORD MOTOR COMAPNY-MUSTANGS LEAKS

Ford Motor Company Doesnt Stand Behind their cars

AUTHOR: Rhonda - (U.S.A.)

PLEASE SHAWN FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE ISNT DOING SQUAT,TRUST ME IF U GET ENOUGH MUSTANG OWNERS TO GO WITH ME,THERE IS GOING TO BE SOME LAWSUIT,I HAVE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS PAY ONE MONTH OF MY CAR PAYMENTS,BIG WHOOP,AS MANY AS MILLIONS THEY ARE MAKING,THEY THINKING PAYING ONE OF MY CAR PAYMENTS IS HELPING,THEY ARENT....ONCE MY WARRANTY GOES OUT OF IT ANYWAYS,YOU GUYS WILL END UP GETTING IT BACK ANYWAYS,WHEN ITS IN THE SHOP MORE THEN 6 TIMES FOR THE SAME WATER LEAK,SO DONT CARE TELL ME TO CALL CCSR,THEY ARE WORTH THE TOILET PAPER I WIPE MY BUTT ON!!!

Ford Customer Service

AUTHOR: Ford customer service division - (U.S.A.)

Greetings,

My name is Shawn and I am with Ford Customer Service.  Have you contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 800-392-FORD to conduct a formal inquiry?

Same problem here

AUTHOR: LeakyMustang - (United States of America)

I have the exact same issue. I refuse to pay FORD to fix a problem they created. I have been told by the dealership that I will need to pay upwards of $400 to attempt to repair their manufacturer's defect. I am fighting this as high as I can go!

LAW SUIT

AUTHOR: ralee@telusplanet.net - (Canada)

As an industry insider you should be filing a lemon law complaint if you live in a lemon law state. File a complaint directly with Ford corporation head office. Complaints to BBB, and so on. Finally a lawsuit, it should be easy to file if they have been unable to repair the problem and you have had it in for several visits. By the way Chrysler had the same sort of problem with the Neon a decade ago and the repair was to reseal the tail lights, not a big deal if done correctly.