Complaint Review: FORD/LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY

• Reported By: Disgusted Employee — melbourne Florida
FORD/LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY
1320 S Babcock St Internet United States of America

FORD/LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY RUN IF THEY CALL YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW Internet

I was called into an interview with Ford/Lincoln Motor Company. Upon jumping through many hoops I was offered the position within this organization. Upon starting I completed my training and began working. Little did I know that it was all a lie. I was sold a dream. I wasn't told what my exactly what my job would entail. When the question was presented in training the trainer was even reluctant about disclosing full details of the position. I just thought maybe it was a trade secret but in reality maybe she just didn't know herself or she thought the truth would scare us off.

In my interview and training I was told that I would have a tier 1 and  1/2 position.   However in training it was geared to more of a escalation role. Though we shadowed agents no one really focused on the position they focused on the escalation portion. No real details where given regarding how to handle this type of call or what parts are included in this warranty. Training consisted of unorganized guest appearances telling us information that we hadn't learned yet so there was no way we could ask the correct questions.  In addition to training there were worded so badly even the trainer herself couldn't pass the assessments.

So upon completing the training we started the position thinking that we were given the necessary tools to complete the position little did we know we weren't. We started off ok minor bumps here and there which is to be expected in a new position/new employee. We were assigned two young lady's to assist us if we needed help with anything. Sadly one of them is the rudest girl I have ever met. As far as being patient and friendly this one doesn't fit the bill. God forbid we have any questions she isn't personable so acting her is the last thing I want to do. Let alone being new and having someone over your shoulder critiquing ever little step you make. Mind you this person is just a regular agent; my manager has never taken the time to go over stuff like this with me. I have never worked for a company were my manager acts like her new hires are annoying  her. The only time she speaks to us is if we have done something wrong. Instead she has these two lady's which are our peers critiquing us going over quality, performance and relaying messages to us. Performance should be confidential and my peers shouldn't listen to or view anything pertaining to my performance.

When my manager does speak to us it has been in a group session. I can honestly say that it has been only once where I have had the chance to just talk to her alone.  However when she does finally speak its you 3 aren't meeting Lincoln standards. You should have asked additional questions etc. What I find interesting is if all 3 of us are making the same mistake then possibly it was a training issue or lack there of. God forbid that be the case because I remember her stating that this probationary period was to make mistake and it wasn't a big deal. Training was just an overview of the position and you are expected to make mistakes here. Well my questions is why are we expected to make mistakes here but chastised for the mistakes that we make?

In addition to all the above issues my schedule changes so much I can't schedule anything outside of work. God forbid I have an appointment and my schedule changes or my have made plans with my children or family.

The ethics with the manager and the department in general are just questionable. I have been trying to figure out what my boss does. Regular agents are taking her escalations, doing manager follow ups and research and training new agents so what are you doing?

I can remember hearing that Lincoln has a high standard and that they have changed the interview process to bring in quality people. I think that is great you want quality people to give quality service. However, with quality service we have a quality expectation when investing time and energy into a company.

I have no problem working hard and providing quality service  but give me the necessary tools to be successful. You preach quality but I haven't seen it.

Lack of support, lack of resource materials, lack of supporting documentation for decisions made. Just because you cater a few lunches and buy shirts doesn't change the over problems within the department.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FORDLINCOLN-MOTOR-COMPANY/internet/FORDLINCOLN-MOTOR-COMPANY-RUN-IF-THEY-CALL-YOU-FOR-AN-INTERVIEW-Internet-1035646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FORD/LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY