Complaint Review: FOX Rent A Car

• Submitted: Thu, May 16, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, May 16, 2013

• Reported By: Michael Creel — Bellevue Alabama
FOX Rent A Car
5500 W Century Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90045-591 Los Angeles, Select State/Province USA

FOX Rent A Car This rental car company is by far the most deceptive and dishonest company I've dealt with to date. This is nothing more that a criminal enterprise posing as a legitimate business. Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Enterprise Rent A Car

It's not often I actually fall prey to an internet scam, but this time I did. I recently used an online booking company called EconomyBookings.com, a site which claims to be able to get you the best deals on car rentals. As is turned out, the price they quoted me was considerably less than other car rental agencies, thus I booked the car and pre-paid for it.

I then get an email stating that they would now find a company that would accept the price, and the next day I received another email stating FOX had indeed accepted the rental deal at the set price.

Upon arriving at FOX at Seattle's sea/tac airport, I was badgered to upgrade to a mid-sized car for an additional $150 dollars, after a few minutes of this I got angry and stated I just want the car I paid for, give me the keys. I was then told there was a required $300 damage deposit, and $166. [continued below]....
.....27 in taxes and "airport fee's" due!

Thats an expense of $466.27 over the price I had already paid of $288.16! That brings the cost of renting an economy car to $30.26 per day, almost double the rate offered by other companies in the bidding process.

The taxes and fees alone added 40% to the quoted price I was given online, despite the fact that my receipt clearly in large letters stated PAID IN FULL. This is essentially a bait and switch scam that I personally haven't dealt with while renting cars before; I rent cars quite often, and I've never encountered such trickery and deception while renting. I'll be surprised if they even return the deposit, I'm quite sure theres a trick to scamming one out of that.

After searching the net I've discovered hundreds, if not thousands of such complaints with this company. Apparently upon returning the car, which I do in a few days, they will likely claim I damaged the car. There is nothing legitimate about this company, it's organized fraud on a large scale. They submit falsely low bids to you using third parties, then blame the confusion on the thrid party. They will spend 20 minutes at the counter trying to force you to uprgade and buy their insurance. They make the economy car sound like it won't even make it out of the lot.

Obviously, I will never again use FOX Rent a Car or EconomyBookings.com. See receipts for this transaction below.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FOX-Rent-A-Car/Los-Angeles-Select-StateProvince-90045/FOX-Rent-A-Car-This-rental-car-company-is-by-far-the-most-deceptive-and-dishonest-compan-1051450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FOX Rent A Car

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Enterprise Rent A Car

AUTHOR: Enterprise Rent-A-Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # (130522-001621) the subject line.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC