Complaint Review: FRANK STOUT NYC Landlord

• Updated: Tue, July 22, 2014

• Reported By: Cleopatre — Brooklyn New York
FRANK STOUT NYC Landlord
83 8th Avenue Brooklyn, New York USA

FRANK STOUT NYC Landlord Frank Stout This Landlord is a thief. He never returned my Security Deposit and overcharged me two months instead of one month. Brooklyn New York

Few years ago, I rented an apartment located on 83 8th Avenue in Park Slope in Brooklyn from Frank Stout, a thief and greedy landlord.  He not only, unlawfully, charged me 2 months security deposits instead of one month, but he endorsed the check to enrich his own personal account instead of keeping it a fiduciary account.  He never returned the security deposit, nor did he contact me or paid any interest on it.

As soon I realized I never got back my money, I called him and followed up with a letter explaining politely that he never returned my security deposit nor did he send me any reason why he would not return it.  After he ignored my requests, I decided to report him to the Office of the Attorny General but unfortunately, they could not do anything and told me I can sue him.  I was disgusted by his refusal and their lack of action.

I think this type of fraud should be reported and publicly known from future tenants.  I would warn anyone who will may want to rent from him, to be watchful and check with NYC tenant guidelines and know their rights.  I did not at the time and had no clues how to get my deposit back.  I paid the price for having trusted him and I was dead wrong.  Please be aware of this landlord as he will take advantage of you and run away with your money.

Cleopatre

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FRANK-STOUT-NYC-Landlord/Brooklyn-New-York-11215/FRANK-STOUT-NYC-Landlord-Frank-Stout-This-Landlord-is-a-thief-He-never-returned-my-Secu-1163898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FRANK STOUT NYC Landlord