Complaint Review: FRANK'S AUTO

• Updated: Wed, September 07, 2011

• Reported By: ria b. — shabbona Illinois USA
FRANK'S AUTO
305 Main Street West Chicago, Illinois United States of America

FRANK'S AUTO WANT TO THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY, THIS IS THE PLACE!! West Chicago, Illinois

Frank's used to be a reputable repair shop.  Not anymore.  I took my vehicle to be repaired.  I dropped off my car and described the problems.  My transmission would not switch gears properly, and at times my car would not turn over (fully start).  I am not totally lost when it comes to cars.  I worked on cars as a hobby and bought and learned how to rebuild and engine with the help of friends.  I knew I needed a new exhaust so that was not surprising.  But after a list of things that they suggested be done (mostly maintenance),  with the urging of my step-father (who at the time of being a customer for many years) I had the work done.  I picked up the car (over $1,600 was paid) and the very next day it broke down in the pouring rain not starting as was described to them in the beginning.  The owner came and towed my car back to the shop (at a tow charge of $80 for a couple of miles).  The next day I was told it was a relay module at the cost of another $400 +.  After just a couple months and less than 500 miles I became ill and could not drive until just a week ago.  I blew a break line (this most likely due to sitting and rust no human fault there) so I took it to a repair shop in Shabbona where after a test drive was told not to bother the compression was bad and the transmission was shot and it was not worth putting any money into it.  I feel they knew things were bad and just wanted to get more money out of a "unsuspecting woman".  They even charged for shop supplies (shop towels etc...) Really?!!  If you even think of getting a car repaired here don't.  It's not worth it to rid yourself of your money or sanity.  Now I am out a car and over $2,000.  Thanks Frank's for ripping off a disabled woman!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FRANKS-AUTO/West-Chicago-Illinois-60185/FRANKS-AUTO-WANT-TO-THROW-AWAY-YOUR-MONEY-THIS-IS-THE-PLACE-West-Chicago-Illinois-774182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FRANK'S AUTO