Complaint Review: FREE MONEY - Kevin Trudeau

• Submitted: Sun, June 27, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, June 27, 2010

• Reported By: Michael — Georgetown South Carolina United States of America
FREE MONEY - Kevin Trudeau

FREE MONEY - Kevin Trudeau 'Peggy' order taker/perpetuator of fraud Free additional book, free news letter trial period, refusal to cancel order of escalating products Internet

On June 27th, I was a victim of Kevin Trudeau's "Free Money" book scam. The initial order was for a book claiming to provide information on government programs for 'free money' used to advance one's financial situation. The book costs $ 19.95 and outrageously has $ 11.95 in shipping and handling costs associated with it on a delivery time frame of 3 to 5 weeks. Then there was an upsell of a book called "Debt Cures" which is a free bonus but later I found out there was an additional $ 11.95 s+h associated with it. Next there was a "25 Easy Ways to $ 5,000.00 Guide" which I refused. Next there was an invitation to enroll in a newsletter which I refused and started to become irritated. Next there was the free trial period for the newsletter which I would be billed for later but could be canceled at any time. I tried to cancel the order 3 separate times but the woman replied that she had no authority. At this point I felt like a dupe at a used car lot so I asked to talk to a supervisor but there was none. I was informed there was a number euphemistically called 'Customer Service' which could help me since the order taker/fraud specialist had no power to cancel an order I hadn't even placed yet. At this point I became unruly and the order taker 'Peggy' just hung up on me with my debit card information and no authorization to pay for anything but, apparently, to charge me for whatever products she could fit on a billing statement. The 'customer service' line was a computer message naturally so now I have an uphill battle trying to prevent these con artists from cleaning out my bank account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2010 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FREE-MONEY-Kevin-Trudeau/internet/FREE-MONEY-Kevin-Trudeau-Peggy-order-takerperpetuator-of-fraud-Free-additional-book-618009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FREE MONEY - Kevin Trudeau