Complaint Review: FREESHIPPING.COM

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: SLMac — Angleton Texas United States of America
FREESHIPPING.COM
Internet, Connecticut United States of America

FREESHIPPING.COM 800-869-5597 UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE for $12.97 to my Credit/Debit card. Internet, Connecticut

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Complaint #976537

I went online to check my card balance and noticed a Unauthorized Charge (PENDING). I immediately called my card issuer and reported this transaction.

I also called the phone # of FREESHIPPING.COM and immediately unsubscribed from that program. (they said i would not be charged).

I must say pay attention to the Subscription Form Details as they can be MISLEADING. It is a shame some companies refuse to be Honest from the start.

"Lesson Learned" .....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2012 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FREESHIPPINGCOM/Internet-Connecticut-/FREESHIPPINGCOM-800-869-5597-UNAUTHORIZED-CHARGE-for-1297-to-my-CreditDebit-card-Int-976537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FREESHIPPING.COM

Response to Complaint #976537

AUTHOR: arand - (United States of America)

We apologize for any confusion regarding our program and that the offer details where missed while completing the registration process. The terms of our offer are given to new members 3 times during the enrollment process:

The terms of the offer including all the billing details are displayed on the registration page directly adjacent to the area where the member enters their credit card information

These same terms are displayed once again on the new member welcome screen that is displayed immediately after a successful sign up.

We also send an electronic confirmation. The terms are sent a third time in the new member welcome email that is sent to the email address provided by the member.

Finally,all new members are required to check a box indicating they have read and understand the offer terms. It is impossible for a member to join without checking this box first.

Additionally the benefits we offer our members are such that for approximately $155 a year they can potentially get $2,000 back in shipping charges, return shipping charges and Complete Price Protection.