Complaint Review: FRYS ELECTRONICS

• Submitted: Fri, July 09, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: Stonepowerhouse — Paso Robles California United States of America
FRYS ELECTRONICS

FRYS ELECTRONICS FRYS.com uses the ol' Bait and switch. They advertise HP keyboard with computer, then substittue (non comparable) defective product that falls apart after the 30 day warranty period. They refuse to replace. Internet

*Consumer Comment: I'm not sure what all happened with your deal, but.....

*Consumer Suggestion: Solution

I purchased a refurbished HP computer with HP mouse and HP keyboard as stated in the ad. It arrived with no keyboard so I and to call FRYS and they sent me a non HP generic crappy keyboard. I complained and they said "tough" it's a keyboard that is all we have to give you and it is equal to the HP keyboard.  Well after 31 days (30 day warranty) the keyboard has four of the letters already rubbed off (see photo).  I wrote FRYS and explained the problem and complained that they had not given me an or equal kevboard but a piece crap that is already falling apart.  Their trained puppets replied repeatedly, that it was more than 30 days so they are not responsible.. I reminded them that they never supplied the HP keyboard as advertised and the substitute was not comparable so they need to replace it as they certainly were responsible... no deal so here I am....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2010 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FRYS-ELECTRONICS/internet/FRYS-ELECTRONICS-FRYScom-uses-the-ol-Bait-and-switch-They-advertise-HP-keyboard-with-co-621831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FRYS ELECTRONICS

I'm not sure what all happened with your deal, but.....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"FRYS ELECTRONICS FRYS.com uses the ol' Bait and switch. They advertise HP keyboard with computer, then substittue (non comparable) defective product that falls apart after the 30 day warranty period. They refuse to replace."

What, besides the letters rubbing off, actually "fell apart?"  If it actually "fell apart" (broke) then, yes, they owe you a keyboard.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Solution

AUTHOR: WaterDQ - (USA)

You can rest assured it was equal quality... Sad to say but true. I had a logitech keyboard and mouse since 2003 and I used it on my 2008 computer that I purchased. 2 years later though I got tired of replacing the batteries and broke out the keyboard and mouse that came with it. I used the keyboard for maybe 3 weeks and the same letters were rubbing off. You have two choices either try to go through the manufacturer for the keyboard or do what I did and save some time by getting stickers for the keyboard buttons and call it a day.