Complaint Review: FSM Group Aka US Fast Cash

usfastcash.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-201-4603
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

FSM Groupaka USFast Cash Calling me to say that I am beign charged for fraud by disception without any prior contact internet

*Consumer Comment: crystal francis

*Author of original report: fsm group

*Consumer Comment: Similiar situation happened to me

I took a loan out on line and got into a lot of trouble with this due to all the fees and ended up with multiple on line cash advances. I ended up closing my checking account due to all the fees adding up and getting futher into debt.

I settled my accounts with almost all of them except for one called FSM group-US fast cash. I could not reach this company nor did they try to reach me. Until one day I recieved a call saying that I needed to have a lawyer on stand by because I was being charged with fraud by diseption by FSM group. They gave me a case number but stated the information would be given to the court system after 5pm that evening. She asked if I had a previous record or was on probation. When I said "no" she said she would call FSM group to ask for an out of court settlement.

Not only 1 second later she got back on the line and said I could moneygram $655 by 5pm to stop this charge against me. This was a $300 loan. They stated that $90 was added for return fees and a 60 day fee at 756% interest. I told them that the company never has contacted me and that I was unable to get their number to get this matter resolved. They stated that according to the contract I agreed to that they did not have to give me any notice to such actions. Is this true? I can't believe a company can get away with this. I am a professional with children and have no intentions of committing any crime. Now I feel like I will be put in jail until I get this matter solved. What is my recourse. Any suggestions?

Kristine
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2006 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FSM-Group-Aka-US-Fast-Cash/nationwide/FSM-Groupaka-USFast-Cash-Calling-me-to-say-that-I-am-beign-charged-for-fraud-by-disception-187171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FSM Group Aka US Fast Cash

crystal francis

AUTHOR: Crystal - (U.S.A.)

i to have fallen victum to the fsm group scam, i was sitting at home when my phone rang with a ron collins on the other end basically yelling at me. he had all in information you have to py 700 dollars or you'll go to jail for internet and check fraud. after looking at my bank records and the amount of my 250 loan. i said the is no way i am paying 700 dollars i had it figured with intrest around 500 dollars. so i called the police filed a report saved all the harassing phone messages and bank statements,giving them to the officer i then called the fsm group at 305-396-6625 and explained what i did. their tone changed completely well my let me cut this total down to 485 dollars you pay this today you will never hear anything from us again.

the number is 305-396-6625 FSM GROUP
name : Edward Stheil

i am sorry we have all fallen victum to a sorry act of monies i only hope i have provided enough informatio to help the next person

fsm group

AUTHOR: Kristine - (U.S.A.)

Well I did some research into the company by finally getting the direct number to fsm. They say that they do not have the information anymore because it has all been sent out to a collection agency. The first number was for first credit of america than they sent me to the bahamas group who than sent me to pre litigations. Now I got a less forceful person this time on the phone. I told him that they were breaking the law because they did not follow the fair debt collection act by notifying me of my debt in writting. They stated that they were going to fax me all the information that day. And I never recieved anything. They also can not give me the website of the original loan but insist they have my signed contract. Nothing they ever say is true or legal. So everyone beware of ever taking a loan out on line. Their criminals!!

Similiar situation happened to me

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

Something similiar happened to me, only I had to close my accounts because all of my personal information was comprimised. I received a call a couple of weeks ago from a Pre Litigation regarding FSM and Paragon who are apparently the same company which I did not know. I had a loan with each one of them for $250 each. I had sent certified letters to one and emailed the other one letting them know about my situation. I never heard from these people by mail or anything and one day at work this Pre Litigation company calls me telling me the same thing.... I don't know that it is true or not true but when I hung up and called one of the companies directly I was given the name of 1st Credit of America who was handling my debts. I called and made a payment with a Ms. Wells on a visa card, now waiting for the next 4 payments to follow as agreed, called the Pre Litigation company back was called a liar, told to be expecting a visitor at work, have an attorney present and to tell my employer that I have an honesty problem.

My coworkers could see how upset I was one of them is an attorney, the other in law school and had received a couple of calls as well from this company verifying my address asking if they could identify me and this happened at least three times. Ms. Wells at 1st Credit of American assures me that my payment arrangements are good with her for both loans and that I need not worry about this other company harrasing me. My boss is an attorney and a judge, so I tell him everything that is going on and let him know that I am being threatened and harrassed at work.

I was unable to obtain any information about this company from them other than the money gram information that they wanted me to send $1257 to for two $250 loans which with the interest would be $325 each. I was extremely upset, it caused me problems at work and took time from everyones day in order to handle the issues at hand. My boss called these people told them that if they called our office again that he would file on them, she changed her name on him twice in the conversation and hung up on him.

All I can tell you is that the best thing to do is contact the company that you originally did business with and let them know that you are being threatened and confirm who they sent the account to. I am very confused since one company is taking my money but the other one is threatening me with charges. I had to close my account or every low life that has my information would be hitting my account with bogus activity, these people didn't care. They called me a liar and I even faxed them proof of payment to 1St Credit of America who by the way is all over the rip off report to, so I am scared to death until I have this thing paid in full. I did hear from Paragon who withdrew my file from Pre Litigation and confirmed my paying 1st Credit of America, but despite all of the attempts that I have made to FSM to make them aware of the situation they have not responded.

I believe or atleast have been told that they are the same company, but Paragon claims to be a sister company to them. The best advice is to never ever go on line and take out a loan and this is a hard lesson that I had to learn but it will never happen again. These people know that you are living pay day to pay day and they do not care, all they want is the $$ in interest and to harass you if you run into any problem and can't repay it. I have researched this quite a bit and I don't believe that they can put you in jail, but then again you never know. I plan on making my payments to 1st Credit of America and pray that they aren't scamming as well. Bless you and I hope that you find a way out of this mess as well. I would also file complaints with the attorney general, ftc and Department of Consummer Commisioner and any one else that you can think of. I don't think that they call you at work to tell you that they are going to arrest you, at least my fellow coworkers have assured me that I would be subpoened to court to prove my case, but like you it scares me.